Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...

Discus and support Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have seen this problem in the forum but have been unable to find a solution that works. My new Xbox Elite controller always opens Game Bar when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mbtuninsw, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Mbtuninsw
    Mbtuninsw Guest

Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...

Hi

I have seen this problem in the forum but have been unable to find a solution that works.

My new Xbox Elite controller always opens Game Bar when I hit the "A" button. I have checked the Game Bar settings. I have selected "open bame bar when hitting xbox key" and this corrected the problem where the game bar did not open on hitting this key. But it has not removed the short cut from hitting "A". I have tried to reset the app but can't save a new profile or reset successfully. I have checked that Windows 11 is up to date. I am about to return this controller as it is useless if it opens the annoying game bar every time I hit "A" in a game.

:)

Mbtuninsw, Jul 28, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key on contoller

Hello, Mbtuninsw. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Would you please try to re-register the Game Bar?

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists. If it does, may I know if you have the Xbox Accessories app installed on your computer?

Waiting for your follow-up.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

What the hell have you done to the XBOX APP

Hi

The Windows 10 Game Bar can be used to do what you've asked here. The Beta App's main function is to download Game Pass games (which actually download via the Windows Store).

To open the Game Bar hold the Windows key and press G, or press the Xbox button on an Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller.
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop.

Hello Revenant8711, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10/11 lets you have various Xbox gaming activities at your fingertips

To keep Xbox Game Bar on your desktop while browsing the web or another app, you can follow these steps:

Press Windows logo key + G to open the Game Bar above your game, app, or desktop

Select the Menu Widget icon to open a list of activities to choose from

Scroll to Settings and press the A button

From the Control Bar menu, select "Show open widgets on the desktop when the Control Bar is open"

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Elite controller series 2 issue

Strange not having any updates, anyway check if by disabling the Xbox game bar the problem stops happening, for that follow the instructions below, please.

Go to Windows Settings

Games

Xbox Game Bar

Deactivate it

Uncheck the box to open the Xbox game bar with the Xbox button on the controller as well.

If the problem persists, use a cable to plug the controller into your PC, open the accessories application and restore your elite controller settings to defaults, restart your PC and see if the problem persists.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox accessories app overrides Steam big picture configuration

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

just click the windows key + G and go to settings > shortcut, and remove the combo box to open the Xbox game bar with the control button.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key... - Similar Threads - Controller Elite Windows

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  5. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller problems on windows: So I’ve had nothing but problems with this controller I currently have it plugged in with USB I have the accessories app, and the accessories app recognizes the controller as XBOX ELITE 2 Yet...
  7. Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is the right adapter for connecting my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller to my Windows...: I need a wireless adapter for my XBOX Elite Series 1 Controller, which I will connect to my Windows 11 laptop. Can you suggest which one to buy? Will the normal XBOX Wireless Adapter work with the...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller V2 bluetooth on windows 11: Hi there, Does anyone know if there is a fix for the issue where windows doesn't recognise the XB Elite controller v2 as an elite controller while connected over bluetooth after updating the...
  9. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...: I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2...
  10. Elite Series 2 Controller Deadzone issues on Windows 11 / 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller Deadzone issues on Windows 11 / 10: Hello there, I'm literally new to this kind of controller design, and I can't tell if it's my imagination or a possible issues, but how can I tell if I actually the deadzone issues ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 21h2 Xbox360 control