Xbox controller doesn't work properly when connected to phone

Discus and support Xbox controller doesn't work properly when connected to phone in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Ok so I just picked up a micro USB to USB C cable to connect my controller to my phone. The controller is an orphan Xbox one non-bluetooth and my phone... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Will Lyon, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Will Lyon
    Will Lyon Guest

Ok so I just picked up a micro USB to USB C cable to connect my controller to my phone. The controller is an orphan Xbox one non-bluetooth and my phone is an S20+.

I got it to be able to play Game Pass games and do quests without needing to download large games to my console over and over.

The problem is that one connected to my phone the controller doesn't work properly. It seems the right trigger is constantly depressed and the right joystick doesn't work properly.

For instance I loaded Halo MCC and it was constantly shooting. If I moved the right stick to the left it would throw a grenade.

I tried going into mapping and everything was as it should be. I tried again in a bunch of other games and had the same problem in all of them.

Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.

:)

Will Lyon, Jul 24, 2021
  2. XBF John Win User

Hello Will!

There are few things we can try here to get your controller back and working.

1. First, if you haven’t already, try a hard reset of the controller by holding the Xbox button for at least 6 seconds.
    2. After doing that, before turning it on, make sure the Bluetooth to your phone is turned off and away from the controller (so it doesn't try to connect there first).
    3. Then attempt to pair the controller with your Xbox.
    4. Once it’s paired, test to see if performs the same or needs any updates.
    5. Test to see if it performs the same.
    My advice after that, if it still performs the same with the errors is to re-perform the power cycle and reset the Xbox. Also try hardwiring the controller to the xbox as well and see if it produces the same results. If it is still working properly on the phone and not the Xbox, it probably means the signals are a little crossed in the communication.

If it doesn’t work on both, it may be a deeper hardware issue.

Hope this helps!
  3. Salad_Dodger Win User

Xcloud on Edge Browser (Xbox) not working.

I don't have a mouse connected normally, i mentioned it because i have to connect the mouse and disconnect the controller.

So basically,

1.it doesn't work properly/i connect a mouse

2.it still doesn't work properly/i turn off the controller

3. I click it with the mouse with the controller off, button works as intended.
  4. XBF Aicha T Win User

Xbox Series wireless controller doesn't work properly on Android phone

5. ChrispyIQ Win User

Xbox one controller FIRMWARE ROLLBACK

Hey there,

I've been trying the "xboxaccessories://firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true" command but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've been trying to use my new Xbox Series X/S Wireless Controller for my PC but the controls don't work properly. Device Manager detects the controller when connected through Bluetooth as ""Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device", which results in the controls not properly mapped/working. I've tried practically everything, but can't get anything to work.

I read an earlier Reddit thread suggesting that a recent or the most recent firmware update (which I updated to thru the Xbox Accessories app) kind of prevented the controllers from working with Windows through a Bluetooth connection. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the controller's drivers through Device Manager multiple times using the 'Let me Pick from a list of available drivers on my computer' but it still doesn't work properly.

Any help would be appreciated!
  6. Joaquindimas Win User

Xbox one s Controller not being detected by any device.

I tried connecting it with a cable to my Xbox and it won't detect it. I also tried to connect it wirelessly to my phone and it connects but the white light on the controller keeps flashing, and it won't do anything. It only works when I connect it with a cable on my pc. It doesn't work on any other device wired or wireless.
Thema:

1. Xbox controller doesn't work properly when connected to phone - Similar Threads - controller doesn't properly

2. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  3. My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite series 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware via Xbos Accesories...: Hi, I'm having an issue with Elite series 2 controller, upon trying to install the latest firmware version via Xbox Accessories App to see if it solves some issues I'm having with it (It...
  4. Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller works in Bluetooth but doesn't with cable: Hello, it's been multiple days i've tried to connect my controller (Dualshock 4) to my laptop through USB but my PC charges the controller yet doesn't recognize it The problem doesn't come from...
  5. Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync button is unresponsive and console doesn't see wifi networks on Xbox series S: I spilt a cup of hot cocoa into the fan of my Xbox series S console. I took it apart and cleaned everything off, including the fan and heat sink. I used 99% isopropyl alcohol so that the...
  6. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  7. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  8. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  9. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  10. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it...