Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

Discus and support Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox Series X controller. My controller seems to have an update issue. But I have no way to update it. I mean, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Martin Chacón Saavedra, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

Hi, I'm having issues with my Xbox Series X controller. My controller seems to have an update issue. But I have no way to update it. I mean, it connects to my Xbox, then for a few seconds it flashes and turns off. And from there it goes into a loop with the same thing. Seeing the situation, I decided to connect it via USB, and I got exactly the same result. Then I tried with my PC, Through Bluetooth it connects well but the accessories application does not recognize it as a controller, I will assume that it is because the Xbox adapter is not being used, but when I connect it with cable, the same error occurs as with the console using either the wireless or cable connection. But if I connect it to my phone, it works perfectly, it detects it as an Xbox controller and everything. I thought that I could have been scammed and that they sold me an imitation, so looking at the Bluetooth information on the controller, it appears that it is signed by Microsoft itself. I mean I don't know what to do anymore. I tried reset it and everything, nothing. The controller does not have power problems from what I have checked on my phone, so I think it may be an update, but as I have been saying, the only ways update are giving me these problems. Does anyone know what can I do? I already tried pairing the Xbox console and everything.

:)

Martin Chacón Saavedra, Nov 25, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not connect with cable

3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not connect with cable

Hello Martin C, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing so many problems with your Xbox Series X controller. It sounds like you have tried several solutions and still haven't found a satisfactory resolution.

First Even if you have had difficulties updating the driver, you can still check the current firmware version. To do so, follow the steps below:

Connect the controller to PC via USB cable.
    Download and install the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store.
    Open the "Xbox Accessories" app and select the connected controller.
    In the "Device Information" tab, check the current firmware version.
    Try updating the driver on another PC: If you have access to another PC, try connecting the driver and updating it from that device. It could be that there is a specific problem with your current PC that is preventing the proper update.

Try resetting the controller settings to factory defaults. To do so, follow these steps:

Locate the small hole on the back of the controller near the USB-C port.
    Use a paper clip or similar object to press the reset button inside the hole.
    Hold the button for a few seconds and then release it.
    Try pairing the controller with your Xbox or PC again and check if the issue persists.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Martin Chacón Saave Win User

Hello Khaji, I've been testing solutions for two hours and in those two hours the first part of your answer is included, when I connect the controller with a usb cable, the loop thing happens so it's impossible for me to do it. Now, a few minutes ago my pc just recognized the controller wirelessly, but of course, when I plug it into usb it gets screwed.

Now I will try to use the recommendation to reset it, it is something that so far I have not done, I appreciate your patience and desire to help me in this whole situation. Thank you very much indeed.
  5. Martin Chacón Saave Win User

sorry but i don't know where is the button to reset, Will you have any pictures to guide me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

Happy to help you, restarting it will surely solve the problem.
    If you have more questions, please contact us.
Thema:

Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not...

1. Xbox controller does not connect to console wirelessly or with cable, on PC it does not... - Similar Threads - controller does connect

2. Does the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via...: Hi Everyone, I would like to know if the Xbox controller + USB-C Cable emit radio frequency radiations when connected via USB-C to the PC. This is the controller I'm talking about:...
  3. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  4. Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I connect my wireless turtle beach headset to my...: When I connect my wireless headset it assigns to my controller/profile. While I’m playing certain games (nba 2k24) it will disconnect my controller as if it’s not on but the controller will still...
  5. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  6. My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one controller does not connect via usb to my windows 11 pc: My Xbox One controller does not connect to my Windows 11 PC. The Xbox button flashes but it does not appear in the device manager or Xbox accessories. 2ff883ec-43ee-448b-8940-a55bf704f971
  7. Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox Wireless Controller – Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition connect to Nintendo Switch?: I am curious does this controller connect to Nintendo switch by any chance? My kids would like to know. :) 5263b71b-121b-4c94-af30-5035986de98b
  8. Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller only connect via USB cable?: My controller was working fine up until maybe an hour prior to this post. I've updated it, there seems to be no external issue I can see. Whenever the batteries are in it slowly flashes twice like...
  9. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  10. why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does xbox say that there’s no usb connected to controller on the updating page when it...: i’m trying to update my controller and it said “connect one controller with a usb cable. keep any attached devices connected to the controller.” so i did and then i pressed “continue” and it said...