Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB)

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I brought a brand new Xbox Wireless Controller. When I connect it with USB to the PC, it randomly disconnects from the PC while playing. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by derfritzmueller, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB)

Hi there,

I brought a brand new Xbox Wireless Controller. When I connect it with USB to the PC, it randomly disconnects from the PC while playing. I have to unplug and plug it again to have it work again.
    I have the latest Xbox Firmware Update for the controller but it didn't help.
    Whats the problem? The usb cable? Not enough power from the pc? xbox controller defect?

:)

derfritzmueller, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Detlevspecht Win User

All of my up to date controllers have the randomly disconnecting for 1 second issue even at full charge . ( weird issue see post )

I have the same issue and even with the controller connected via usb it still disconnects randomly. Do i take it that the issues lie with the xbox itself?
  3. adamProcter Win User

Xbox One Controller keeps disconnecting randomly

Thanks for the help,

I've found a resolution for my problem. If I plug my controller into my USB switch the controller doesn't disconnect, even though the other inputs do disconnect randomly! When I swap the inputs to my PC everything works perfectly and the Xbox controller continues to work on the Xbox (weirdly).
  4. CQQT Win User

XBOX无线控制器蓝牙连接 [Translation-XBOX wireless controller Bluetooth connection]

your controller shouldn't just disconnect randomly, try plugging the usb into your xbox and into your controller and try updating the controller.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Doubt power would be an issue, controllers use very little power.

I would look at changing the cable first. The Series X|S controllers use a standard USB C cable. However, when looking for a replacement cable, make sure that it is also capable of transferring data. Not all cables do this.
  6. derfritzmueller Win User

It worked. I changed my USB Cable with one capable of transferring data and now its working :)
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnects randomly pc (Connected with USB) - Similar Threads - controller disconnects randomly

2. Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one s controller randomly disconnected while console was off: Hello, my xbox one s controller had randomly disconnected for no reason, there’s been no problems with it and it was working fine last night, I’ve tried hard reset and trying to pair but nothing...
  3. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  4. Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller randomly disconnecting?: This is ridiculous. I’ve done everything I have seen online and in these forums and I cannot get this to work properly. The only people I havent seen commenting is Microsoft. Whats the problem?!...
  5. My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller will randomly start to disconnect from my Xbox series S: My elite series 2 core controller has been working just fine for the past 8 months since I have had it with no issues then today it won’t stay connected to my Xbox, the controller will start to...
  6. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  7. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  8. My controller randomly disconnected from my Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller randomly disconnected from my Xbox.: My controller randomly stooped working after I stepped away. It turns on but no input works. I tried to re sync it, plugged it into the console, took out and replaced the batteries and tried to...
  9. How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix wireless controller randomly disconnecting on only one game: One of the games I play one my Xbox Series S is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a thing I keep running into is my controller randomly disconnecting the light flashes in the controller a few times...
  10. Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X, Controllers randomly disconnecting for a few seconds: Hi everybody, So I can be happily playing a game then randomly my controller will disconnect, the Xbox button will flash then about 10 seconds later it will reconnect like nothing has happened....