Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar

Discus and support Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox Wireless Controller shows incorrect low battery in Game Bar. The battery level is correct in the Bluetooth & other devices list. The controller... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by solarsd, Mar 6, 2023.

1. solarsd
    solarsd Guest

Xbox Wireless Controller shows incorrect low battery in Game Bar. The battery level is correct in the Bluetooth & other devices list. The controller also disconnects occasionally at any battery level, so it's not clear if the issues are related.

This has been reported in 2020:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...x/b316f004-6f70-4142-a9a6-2bc9099a6c54?page=4

And again in 2021:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...critical/df5cd6fd-6eb5-4c4c-bb6a-91b491048e1f

Both threads hint that using the USB dongle helps, which is a workaround I suppose, but not a solution. Has there been a solution for this problem or is the Xbox controller BT support abandoned?

*** Move from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming***

:)

solarsd, Mar 6, 2023
  2. afracchiolla Win User

Xbox Series X Controller Critical Battery on Xbox game bar - Windows 10

I was actually having the intermittent disconnect issue as well but doing an Update to the controller seemed to resolve it. I do still have the incorrect level problem though. Are you using rechargeable batteries?
  3. TREKSTERJSC Win User

Controller Battery Level Indicator

This is silly. On the 360 you simply hit the guide button. Now you have to wait until the controller becomes erratic before you know the batteries are low?

Is MS working on a fix for this?
  4. Mister Urkel Win User

Controller Battery Level Indicator

Hey TREKSTERJSC,

Sorry for the long wait for a response. We are looking into everything that makes sense. Your request is something that we would like to have teams look into for battery visibility.

I know that its not the answer you really wanted but as of right now nothing is on the docket for that update but stay tuned!
  5. J.R.G. Win User

XB1 controller disconnects

My controller starts acting weird about 15 minutes before the low battery indicator pops. When getting the "disconnects" it usually remembers the last input; been a few times I've fell to my death in Fallout 4 because of "walking" off the top of a building.
    Should probably mention the controller doesn't fully disconnect to the point it needs to be powered back on, but more of a "lights flashing, last input, controller disconnected message, press A" type of thing.

Seems to be directly related to the type of battery and power level of said battery.

Peace, J.R.
  6. XBF George L Win User

Battery level indicator not accurate when two controllers are on.

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this inquiry. I understand you're having an issue with the battery level indicator for two separate Xbox One Wireless controllers. So I tested it out here on our end with two controllers one I knew had
    low battery level and one with brand new batteries. What we were able to figure out was that the controller that's battery indicator level is being displayed is in fact the controller that is assigned as Player 1. When you switch from the low battery controller
    to being the active Player 1 profile signed in it will then show the dying controllers indicator. It is a good point and I would recommend submitting the feedback through
    Xbox Ideas. Find an appropriate Idea Drive that is "Accepting Ideas" and submit your suggestion on resolving the issue there. Hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox controller disconnecting and incorrect battery level indicator in Game Bar - Similar Threads - controller disconnecting incorrect

2. Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller disconnects then reconnects after plugging in charger: My new series 2 elite controller came with a charger and when I'm playing I like to plug it in so I can charge my controller but it disconnects then reconnects for a second. I don't know if this...
  3. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  4. Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller

in XboX Insiders
    Hard drive keeps disconnecting my controller: For some reason I think my external hard drive keeps disconnecting my Xbox controller, whenever I try to resync my controller to the Xbox the Xbox won’t blink. Can anyone help? submitted by...
  5. Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ps5 controller connects via Bluetooth and disconnects immediately after: I used this controller for a month now, it worked great, and it still does if i plug it in with a cable, but out of the blue today it decided to stop working as it did usually. I tried basically...
  6. Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller. Just started having issues with it. The controller disconnects from the xbox and wont work unless plugged in. Xbox light on it works and everything. No updates...
  7. Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller suddenly disconnecting: Hello all of a sudden my Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during game play i even tried plugging the cable directly into the controller and still starts flashing for...
  8. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  9. My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controllers keep disconnecting and reconnecting and I've tried everything I seen online....: I've reset my remotes and console a thousand times. Power cycle nothing works. My xbox has been in the same spot and never had a issue til the update. I'm beyond frustrated and many people have...
  10. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...