Xbox Controller connectivity issues

Discus and support Xbox Controller connectivity issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bladekiller1, Apr 7, 2024.

1. bladekiller1
    bladekiller1 Guest

So, I usually play with my headset on and every couple minutes or so my headset would make a static noise as if my controller is losing connection then my controller would turn off then on, then back off.

This has been happening for the past 6 days and it disconnects every few minutes. I've tried everything to fix it, Changing the wifi, Unplugging the power cord from the console, and even repairing the controller to the xbox.

This happens to all my controllers and even happens when I use a cord. I don't know how to fix it and I can't really afford a new console right now.

:)

bladekiller1, Apr 7, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Control issue regarding Xbox 360 controller when playing Forza Horizon 4 on PC

It could be an issue with the connection for the Xbox 360 controller, try a different controller, that might fix the issue.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller randomly disconnects from PC

Hi there Robin,

Thanks for reply and update on the issue with connecting the Xbox One controller on PC. I recommend to try the following article: Connect
    and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller

If the issue persists, try connecting the controller via USB to help update the controller on the PC.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Urgent help needed

Hello ygh hug,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to fix the issues with your Xbox controller. It sounds like there may be a hardware issue with the controller.

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Try resetting the controller by pressing the small button on the back of the controller with a paperclip or similar object. This will reset the controller and may resolve the issue.

2. If resetting the controller doesn't work, try connecting the controller to your Xbox console with a USB cable and see if the issue persists. If the issue goes away when the controller is connected via USB, it may be a wireless connectivity issue.

3. If the issue persists even when the controller is connected via USB, it may be a hardware issue with the controller itself. In this case, you may need to replace the controller.

I hope this helps!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. MoistLegend Win User

Xbox "support"

It didn't work, but connecting the controller to the xbox with a cable does. If I don't use a cable then the xbox won't maintain a connection with the controller. Hopefully an update will fix this issue.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Problème sur la console [Translation-Problem on the console]

Hi Killian,

If the controller is not connecting either wireless or with a USB cable, then it could be possible the controller is not functioning properly since it should automatically connect with a cable. The only way to figure out if the console or controller is the
    issue is to further test other controllers on that same console, or try to connect that same controller to another Xbox.

Usually the hard reset and power cycle resolves this issue but if it didn't for you, then it could be a hardware problem. If the controller does not connect to the Xbox One console using USB then try connecting to a Windows PC and see if it is detected and
    can connect. This way you can also check if the controller needs an update.

When you press the sync button on the console, the Xbox light will blink on the console indicating it is searching for a controller. Then press the sync button on the controller and the Xbox light on the controller will start blinking and then become solid
    once it's paired to the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller connectivity issues - Similar Threads - Controller connectivity issues

2. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  4. Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection issue with the XBOX Wireless Controller: It startet yesterday evening, when my controller turned itself off while I was playing. I didn't think much of it, just turned it on again and played on. But it happened more frequently...
  5. Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue connecting my Xbox controller to my surface pro x: I’m having issues connecting my controller to my surface pro x. I’ve connected it to my two other consoles and had no problems. I also tried my I phone and it connected instantly. Is there any...
  6. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  7. Xbox controller connection issues after installing iOS 17

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connection issues after installing iOS 17: My iPad recently updated to IOS 17 (now 17.0.1) and my Xbox controller(s) will not stay connected in Fallout76 or other games. Functions for about 10 seconds and then stops and I must touch the...
  8. 360 controller not connecting. Other issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 controller not connecting. Other issues: Xbox 360, 2015 version power light green is showing, a drawer won't open, wireless controller is not connecting all other functions are working USB ports hard drive as well I can open with wide...
  9. Automatic connectivity Issues with Nintendo Switch controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic connectivity Issues with Nintendo Switch controller: I have a Bluetooth Nintendo Switch Gamecube controller which i hoped would automatically connect, and everytime I turn on my computer i need to remove the device and re-add it. I was hoping to...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...: I purchased an Elite Series 2 Controller via Microsoft and it was great for the first ~6 months. However, I started to notice play in the LB when downshifting in whatever F1 game was out at the...