Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

Discus and support Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ramos_12, Apr 27, 2024.

1. Ramos_12
    Ramos_12 Guest

I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard resetting my controller but no luck. I've had my controller for a longtime and I know it isn't faulty.

I've checked the wireless USB driver and its named "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows#2"

:)

Ramos_12, Apr 27, 2024
  2. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Connecting a xbox360 controller to a pc thru xbox360

No that is not possible to connect a controller to your PC through your console. You will need the Xbox 360 wireless USB receiver for windows or buy a pure wired USB xbox 360 controller (microsoft and 3rd party ones available and all will work).

The play and charge USB cable for xbox 360 controllers does not make a wireless controller wired as it only transfers power and not data.

You could buy an xbox one wireless controller that is newer and has bluetooth and connect it to your PC directly as seen on this page: :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

You can also use an xbox one wireless controller of any type (with or without bluetooth) with a Micro USB cable on a PC as well. THAT wire does make the xbox one wireless controller act as a wired controller while connected via Micro USB.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

you are using an Xbox one or a series controller correct? The adapter looks like a black rectangle and has a single light on it correct?
  5. Spazpol Win User

Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

The above are correct, the only way to connect a wireless controller is through the 360 wireless USB adapter, otherwise you would have to use a wired Xbox 360 controller. That will also connect without the wireless. The play and charge will not all ow
    the USB connection.
  6. ColoradoMade27 Win User

Controller won't sync to my xbox

Using a USB cable to connect-

Connect your controller using a micro-USB cable (included with all standard Xbox One wireless controllers and the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit). Standard alkaline batteries won’t be used to power the controller functions while you’re using your controller
    as a wired controller.

If you’re using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 or Xbox Adaptive Controller, connect your controller using a USB-C cable (included with both controllers).

Depending on the type of controller you have, plug the micro-USB or USB-C cable into the power port on the back of the controller then plug the other end of the cable into your Xbox One. More details can be found
    here on connecting your wireless controller to Xbox consoles: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller
Thema:

1. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB? - Similar Threads - controller can't connect

2. I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was sent a broken replace controller for my series 2 elite controller, and I can't get a...: My Xbox elite controller series 2 was out of warranty, so I decided to order in a replacement, however as soon as I powered on the replacement controller I realized the Right Bumper is completely...
  3. my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it: i have this problem since 8 month i tried almost everything changing windows 10 to 11 and get back to windows 10 when i connect my Xbox controller to laptop and my phone and it work perfectly...
  4. I can't get my controller to connect to my Xbox I thought it was the controller so I went...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my controller to connect to my Xbox I thought it was the controller so I went...: I sent my Xbox to get serviced and they sent me a different one back the same Version tho but ever since I got this one I haven't been able to connect a wireless controller to it and I thought it...
  5. Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date: I think I am just going to go back to dual booting Centos + Ubuntu with wine. This is ridiculous. Windows is literally the most **** OS. 08b65b97-df97-4248-9bf3-496f51169ced
  6. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...: Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect...
  7. My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB: My Xbox one controller halo5 edition can't connect to my samsung m11 with USB but it can connect to my PC what happen and how can I do. Can you help me please T-T...
  8. NO PUEDO CONECTAR EL CONTROL CON LA CONSOLA[Translation-I CAN'T CONNECT THE CONTROL TO THE...

in XBoX on Consoles
    NO PUEDO CONECTAR EL CONTROL CON LA CONSOLA[Translation-I CAN'T CONNECT THE CONTROL TO THE...: Estimado.- previo saludos, no puedo conectar mi control con la consola xbox 360. No tengo el cable, siempre lo he hecho con el wifi. No se puede conectar. Saludos desde Peru....
  9. I can't connect my xbox one control to my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect my xbox one control to my pc: My pc is a toshiba with windows 8.1 and it does not let me connect my xbox one control because it says that the controller is not available, I got into the device manager but can not find any...
  10. Can't connect guitar control to pc w/ adapter, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect guitar control to pc w/ adapter, help?: I've been trying to connect my Xbox one rock band guitar controller to my pic for GH3+ but the game won't recognize the input with the wireless adapter. Anyone else encounter a similar problem?...