Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

Discus and support Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wes charanek, Jun 16, 2024.

1. wes charanek
    wes charanek Guest

I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it brought up the start menu. I went onto the xbox accesories app on my pc to check for the problems, and i noticed a whole host of problems. most of the buttons were instead registering to keyboard inputs and the D-pad was registering double inputs. This is a recent problem as my controller was working fine two weeks ago. I've tried using a different controller, disconnecting my keyboard, and updating my controller, yet none of these worked. Has anyone else had this problem? does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

wes charanek, Jun 16, 2024
  2. Viper7Gamer Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware)

I exchanged mine twice because the A button was sticking. On my current one the A button does not work that good but better than the last two. It either doesn't register or registers twice, especially when typing with the virtual keyboard when sending a
    message.

I really love the Elite Series 2 Controller and hope they fix the A button problem. It is still my controller of choice.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

on-screen keyboard missing 'enter' key

Normally the Menu/start button is the enter key on the keyboard.

This is the small little round button to the right of the big xbox button on the controller.
  4. victor manuelgarcia Win User

Xbox One on screen keyboard

I have the on-screen keyboard brought up on my television on the Xbox One and using my controller to push the buttons on the on-screen keyboard and there is no enter button
  5. ngocphi Win User

Mouse and keyboard support on Xbox one?

Ummm you press far more buttons on a keyboard then a controller thata by design

The ideal of a controller is simple button presses.the idea of a keyboard mouse is quick aiming thats about it
  6. Francia J. Win User

Controller (x) button not registering

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that your controller is up to date by following the steps below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

Also, there are no official announcement from Microsoft themselves which means that we just need to perform the necessary steps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons - Similar Threads - Controller buttons registering

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  6. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  7. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  8. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  9. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  10. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...