Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug

Discus and support Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some background: So the past 2 years I've been through 3 xbox controllers (2 xbox series x brand controllers, and a Razer Wolverine v2 wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilasJohn2001, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug

Some background:

So the past 2 years I've been through 3 xbox controllers (2 xbox series x brand controllers, and a Razer Wolverine v2 wired controller). I'm not rough with them AT ALL. I don't even eat and play hardly ever. These things are very clean to this day.

Persistent issue:

Each of my controllers starts getting "sick" as I would describe it. They have a single, random button that starts double-inputing. Over time, more buttons become bugged in the same way. Finally, they start to stick drift. Not a normal stick drift. The stick has full range of motion and snaps back perfectly. It's got to be a "stick drift bug".

I would appreciate help:

I've tried contacting support from Xbox AND Razer, but both just suggest I get a new controller. I don't want to waste another $60+. Do you think it's my console? Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm looking forward to your responses!

Thanks!

-Silas

:)

SilasJohn2001, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Could you follow these steps to update the drivers of your controller

This the official page of razer to update the drivers the controller of the page is for ps5 but are the same steps to follow for xbox

https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/...
  3. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Okay, so I’ve tested it out and it works on my brother’s pc. When I opened one of his games, the issues still occurred.
  4. SilasJohn2001 Win User

That's for the Pro. Mine's the Wolverine V2. (Not pro). It was asking for a usb dongle which I don't have.
  5. SilasJohn2001 Win User

That's what I think, too.

Yes, I do have the Razer program.
  6. SilasJohn2001 Win User

Hi, Miguel! I'll try that out.

Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller Button Double Input Bug - Similar Threads - Controller Button Double

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  6. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  7. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  8. The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    The A button on my XBOX controller got mapped to the pause button on PC: I have been using my xbox controller on my pc with 0 problems for the past 2-3 years, and out of no where my A button got mapped to the pause button. For example I play rocket league, and when I...
  9. random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    random double a button presses registering. all games, multiple controllers, all...: I press the A button once and frequently any game on any system with any controller a double press is registered. All firmware and software updates are current. Systems power cycled. Batteries...
  10. Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox controller double pressing the "A" button?: I just started experiencing this issue a few weeks ago while using my xbox controllers on my pc, and it's been absolutely pissing me off. I've been troubleshooting for days on end and even got a...