Xbox Controller automatically looks/ scrolls up by itself during games

Discus and support Xbox Controller automatically looks/ scrolls up by itself during games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, I have recently been having an issue with my Xbox Mineral Camo controller since 2 weeks ago. The analog stick automatically and slowly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by R0ssoul, Jul 14, 2023.

1. R0ssoul
    R0ssoul Guest

Hey all,

I have recently been having an issue with my Xbox Mineral Camo controller since 2 weeks ago. The analog stick automatically and slowly shifts upwards during a game. I am using it on my Windows 11 PC.

Troubleshooting steps :

- Used a third-party controller (Logitech) and there was no issue during the game.

- Tested out the Xbox controller on different games and the issue still persists. (Halo: MCC, Fallout Shelter)

- Updated the Xbox controller to the latest firmware via the 'Xbox Accessories' application but the issue persists.

- Tried the controller on the games via Bluetooth and USB cable. The issue still persists.

Does anyone know how to fix this Xbox controller issue? Thanks

:)

R0ssoul, Jul 14, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! I’ll do my best to help.

Have you already tried to restore your controller mapping settings?

Be sure to follow all the steps from the link below:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Don’t forget to install the latest updates on your Windows and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store:
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

If it does the same thing, I am afraid that your best option would be to send it for a replacement. Check your replacement options here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Best regards,
  3. PeterMDLee Win User

XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

I just turned on my Xbox One X today and now my dashboard just keeps scrolling to the right. I have a elite controller and two brand new controllers. They all are doing the same thing even after following the three methods listed and cleaning the RB button.
    Even just turning on the Xbox itself, it'll automatically just scroll to the right with no controllers turned on. During in game it does not happen only on the dashboard. Please help and fix this issue.
  4. penguin202020 Win User

Why does my wired controller scroll fast

Other controllers are not affected at the moment and when i hook the wired one up to another xbox it dosen't now have the menu scroll problem bit still looks down in games and it's not like stick drift where you can still look up, it fights to look down when i try to look up, when this happened before it did have the scroll and the looking problem when I hooked it up to another xbox. Edit- it has now started to affect the controller that came with my xbox but it turns left
  5. TurkeyButt2211 Win User

Controller scrolling by itself and is unresponsive

It is called stick drift how to fix it i do not know sometimes you need to get a new controller
  6. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one controller

Hello!

Are you able to scroll up? I would check to make sure nothing seems stuck physically on the controller. If everything looks good I usually suggest, if possible, trying to plug in via USB or connecting it to a different console just to verify that it is the
    controller itself. If it is the controller, replacing it is usually the only option. If you've had the controller less than 90 days it would still be under warranty. Otherwise most likely you would be looking at buying a new controller.
Thema:

1. Xbox Controller automatically looks/ scrolls up by itself during games - Similar Threads - Controller automatically looks

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Automatic connectivity Issues with Nintendo Switch controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Automatic connectivity Issues with Nintendo Switch controller: I have a Bluetooth Nintendo Switch Gamecube controller which i hoped would automatically connect, and everytime I turn on my computer i need to remove the device and re-add it. I was hoping to...
  9. Headset not pairing with controller automatically

in XboX Insiders
    Headset not pairing with controller automatically: When one of my controllers went dud on me, I just dug through my drawer to find one, I found an old but function one, but the problem with the new controller is that my headset no longer seems to...
  10. Why is my controller (turtle beach) automatically shooting when I am aiming or holding RT...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my controller (turtle beach) automatically shooting when I am aiming or holding RT...: I currently have a problem with my controller shooting RT when I am aiming down the sight (No I am not clicking the RT button either) Cleaning up the controller did nothing and I didn't bind...