Xbox Controller and Headset

Discus and support Xbox Controller and Headset in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I plug in a headset/mic to my Xbox One controller it'll sometimes connect but most of the time won't. I know its not my headset it is the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Darkmatter1800, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Xbox Controller and Headset

When I plug in a headset/mic to my Xbox One controller it'll sometimes connect but most of the time won't. I know its not my headset it is the controller, now I have had this controller for years so I'm curious to know if it's broke or if this a fixable
    issue?

:)

Darkmatter1800, Jun 20, 2018
  2. Zaccykins
    Zaccykins Guest
    xbox one controller disconnects with headset

okay, so i was playing on my xbox one when my controller disconnected. the controller then didn't turn on until i took the headset out. so now my controller will only turn on if there is no headset.

in short: with my headset in my controller will not turn on, without the headset in, the controller will turn on and play perfectly

Zaccykins, Jun 20, 2018
  3. X box one controller

Hey there AMSteen,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with the headsets mic.

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controller again.
      If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.
    Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Jun 20, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Controller and Headset