Xbox console won't let me add child via console

Discus and support Xbox console won't let me add child via console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox live account. My child currently has an xbox profile and has purchased lego dimensions so now we have to sign up to xbox live so they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CoffeeOrca59136, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Xbox console won't let me add child via console

I have an xbox live account. My child currently has an xbox profile and has purchased lego dimensions so now we have to sign up to xbox live so they can download content.

When we try and sign up it gets all the way through the sign up process and then gets to the end where I have to put my credit card in and then says - it can't sign up at this time.

It is connected to our wifi as I can download things when I am logged in with my profile.

I thought I would change tack and sign up my child online. However when I go to my childs profile in xbox and click sign in to xbox live it immediately kicks me out to the sign in our out general page.

:)

CoffeeOrca59136, Apr 10, 2017
  2. AmerJustice
    AmerJustice Guest
    Activity Alerts displaying "0"

I won't be able to add my profile to another console Mister Beep. I'll let me xbox friends know.

AmerJustice, Apr 10, 2017
  3. cgrexy
    cgrexy Guest
    Child account has Xbox Gold on a Xbox one. Can Xbox 360 free games be downloaded to the Xbox one?

Just how though?

It looks to me that a child account can't purchase via the website only the console. And you can't get 360 games via the xbox one console.

cgrexy, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Just to clarify, are you having issues signing the Child account into your Xbox 360 console, or creating the account in general? Are you getting a specific error code when you trying to pay the Child account creation fee?

For this specific issue, the best route to take may be reaching out to our phone or chat support team through our
    Contact Us page to make sure everything is set up properly on the account side.

Feel free to keep us posted!

Mister Beep, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Just to clarify, are you having issues signing the Child account into your Xbox 360 console, or creating the account in general? Are you getting a specific error code when you trying to pay the Child account creation fee?

For this specific issue, the best route to take may be reaching out to our phone or chat support team through our
    Contact Us page to make sure everything is set up properly on the account side.

Feel free to keep us posted!
  6. AmerJustice Win User

Activity Alerts displaying "0"

I won't be able to add my profile to another console Mister Beep. I'll let me xbox friends know.
  7. cgrexy Win User

Child account has Xbox Gold on a Xbox one. Can Xbox 360 free games be downloaded to the Xbox one?

Just how though?

It looks to me that a child account can't purchase via the website only the console. And you can't get 360 games via the xbox one console.
  8. WPAK Win User

Xbox freinds

Hi there,

if your account is a child account, your account will require a parental account (in a family) in order to set your online safety and privacy settings via either the console or
    http://account.xbox.com/settings

Only a parental account is able to set these things for a child account. The option to add friends is one of the settings that can be enabled/disabled.

If your account is an adult account, then you should be able to set these settings via that link or console yourself

Let us know the results
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

my profile

Is your account a child account? If so check the parental settings on your console, some games won't even let you play online with a child account.
Thema:

1. Xbox console won't let me add child via console - Similar Threads - console won't let

2. Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft™ won't download on my Nintendo Switch console: I just never had this problem until weeks ago and it still is happening today. I just can't download Minecraft because "there is an error on the download or there is corrupted data". I tried...
  3. Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console sync button won't work for Xbox One S: I've had my Xbox One S for a few years and one day the sync button just stopped working. It wirelessly connects still but the sync will not work. Sometimes after I use a wire for a long time it...
  4. My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two Xbox One (Original) controllers won't connect to the Original Xbox One console anymore.: It's been 3 weeks since I played on my original Xbox One with two controllers. They connected fine before the issue happened. As for the issue, it happened the next day, I tried to play on the...
  5. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  6. why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't my xbox register i've re linked my discord account. i've uodate my console and it...: So i went to go on discord today on my xbox and it wasn't working saying i had to delink my account. that was two hours ago, i've done that over 8 times since then and it's STILL not working. i've...
  7. xbox app won't connect to console

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app won't connect to console: I've already set up but i'm trying to set up my app to my console but it just says sign in with your account and when i do that it either gives me an error or doesn't do anything submitted by...
  8. console won't eject or recognize disc anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    console won't eject or recognize disc anymore: I have a copy of garden warfare 2 in my Xbox and it won't be read for some reason. Do you know how to fix this? bce1ef64-3b39-4cdd-898e-2d124d7981f5
  9. Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my series x let me add my cousins xbox account onto my console: In trying to add my cousins add my cousins account to my xbox so I can play some of his games and every time I try to sign in I have to put the info in twice and then it gives me a infinite...
  10. My console won't let me install Jedi Survivor

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My console won't let me install Jedi Survivor: I pre-ordered Jedi Survivor Deluxe Edition, and my Xbox Series S won't give me an option to install the game, even after I've redeemed the codes I was sent. What do I do?...