Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia

Discus and support Xbox Console Streaming - Latency from Australia in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hi, With Console Streaming opening up to more countries I tried to set it up. I had green ticks for everything except latency. Running... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by gs667, Jan 19, 2020.

1. gs667
    gs667 Guest

Hi,

With Console Streaming opening up to more countries I tried to set it up. I had green ticks for everything except latency.

Running speedtest.net I have a 90/40 mbps speed with a 25ms ping. That is from Hobart to Melbourne. Xbox's detailed network stats tells me it is 94/28 and 144ms. From a bit of googling it seems that this is a test to Seattle. I changed speedtest.net to Seattle
    and it shows a little higher but about the same.

If this is the case how will anyone in Australia ever be able to use console streaming. I'm sure other countries will have the same issues.

I thought the idea was to stream your xbox to your phone so why is the latency to Seattle important? Am I missing something? It is a beta so maybe it will be changed to a location closer to home.

My entertainment gear is running via ethernet to a small switch then into my various devices. I tried running a cable straight from the router to the xbox and tried it on Wifi. Both had the same latency as the current setup. My Nat is open and I have prioritised
    the xbox in the Linksys WRT 1900 ACS router. Australia has multiple connection types because of a pathetic government. Luckily I am on fibre to the premises.

So any ideas on how to reduce latency? Or do I need to wait until Microsoft sort this out a bit more.

thanks for any help you can offer.

gas667

:)

gs667, Jan 19, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: