XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification

Discus and support XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For a few days, I've been getting different "achievment unlocked" notifications(1) from the xbox console companion when xbox pc game pass is turned off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GEORGE KARA, Jul 9, 2023.

1. GEORGE KARA
    GEORGE KARA Guest

For a few days, I've been getting different "achievment unlocked" notifications(1) from the xbox console companion when xbox pc game pass is turned off and even not in any game on the computer. Firstly I thought that someone stole my account but when I entered my account and looked at my own achievements, I saw that I had no achievements(2). When I look at the notification settings of the application, the option "notify me when I unlock achievements"(3) was selected there but the difference is that you show notifications when every achievement that can be obtained is added to the application(4). You didn't include a way to turn off notifications for this separately, this is both a notification harassment and an event that causes many people like me to think their account was hacked. Please either turn these notifications off or add an option to turn them off separately.

:)

GEORGE KARA, Jul 9, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello George, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re receiving unexpected notifications from the Xbox console companion app. Let’s try to sort this out.

Please try the possible solution below:

1. Sign out from your account on the Xbox app and the Xbox Console Companion app
    2. Go to PC Settings > Apps and Features > Installed Apps > go to advanced settings for the Xbox app and the Xbox console companion app > click on repair and reset.

3. Log in with your account on both apps and verify when you’re able to do it if the inconvenience persists.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The Xbox console companion has been discontinued, and that is likely the reason why it's currently malfunctioning. You should delete it and use the Xbox app built into Windows
  4. ljwaves Win User

Windows Phone 7, 8 ,8.1 and even 10 Achievements not syncing since the announcement of WP 8.1 Store Closure in December

The achievements are not unlocking for me, even on windows 10 phone. I am signed in. They unlock in game but not to my profile. Get a notification on companion app but that is it. Contacted support on Twitter and nothing. No response at all.
  5. jbd4 Win User

Achievement notifications not showing up.

This morning, I got the notifications for about an hour, but then no new achievements would unlock at all. I restarted the console, and replayed the games and met the achievement requirements, but they still did not unlock. I tried for a new achievement, and that unlocked, so the game thinks it unlocked the achievements, but xbox live never unlocked them. Now I have to restart the console every half hour or I'll be locked out of getting achievements. Kind of not worth playing anything now.
  6. D3T0N8R Win User

Achievement notification not working

Last night, it started happening to me. I was playing COD: Ghosts and Xbox Fitness and unlocked some achievements in both games but there wasn't an achievement notification popup in either game. I was the only one signed into the console.
Thema:

1. XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification - Similar Threads - console companion Achievment

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  4. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  5. Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?: It says that console companion was delated in august 2023, i just bought a xbox one but i only have my laptop. i looked it up on google before i bought the xbox and it said i could 100% use my...
  6. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  7. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  8. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  9. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  10. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c