xbox companion app mic not working

Discus and support xbox companion app mic not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive tried everything I join a party on my companion app and it says that I am talking but I cant hear anybody and they cant hear me. Anyone have any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PatrickWeber8, Mar 27, 2020.

1. xbox companion app mic not working

Ive tried everything I join a party on my companion app and it says that I am talking but I cant hear anybody and they cant hear me. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

PatrickWeber8, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Lindsey Lee
    Lindsey Lee New Member
    Grubbee mentioning controlling the Xbox via PC option is how I ended up getting around this problem. Apparently the Xbox kept assuming my mic had to have been plugged into my Xbox controller before I just removed the controller from the equation entirely. I plugged my USB controller into my PC instead of Xbox One and Bam, everything's working.
    -Summary-
    Original hookup that had no working mic:
    Mic -> PC
    Controller -> Xbox One
    Hookup that had working mic:
    Mic -> PC
    Controller -> PC
    Be sure your PC has permissions to use the mic with the Xbox app and you should be good to go.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    Lindsey Lee, Aug 11, 2020
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Are you using the companion app on your smartphone?

Can you check in the privacy settings of your phone that you have allowed the app to access your phone's microphone?
  4. PatrickWeber8 Win User

No on windows 10 I have all the privacy settings allowing my mic
  5. Grubbee Win User

Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

Thats what I'm doing.. the only thing I am doing different from playing keyboard/mouse is the controller itself. but when i plug it in every setting on the pc changes to controller mic. Even though the controller has no mic. So I go back through all the
    pc settings and xbox companion settings and change it back but the xbox game bar will not let me use the usb mic anymore. I have to unplug the controller and reset the pc to be able to use my mic again. when I start a party in the companion app it says my
    mic is working , but if i am in a party on that app for some reason I'm not in a party on the game bar... so if i start a party on the game bar the mic still doesn't work..
  6. DeLiiVeRaNcE Win User

No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

Why, the controller works? its some kind of background settings issue I think that the xbox companion app has changed when accepting use of a mic from my pc.

All the hardware works when cross checked. it can only be a software issue :/
  7. SpLiTsCaTTeReD Win User

Xbox Companion App party chat not working?

Hey. So I'm currently on Windows 10 using the Xbox Companion App, and I'm trying to join my friend's party chat (who is on Xbox One). However, when I join the party (or they join my party), I can't hear them and they can't hear me. When I speak
    into my microphone, I can see the party chat flare light up, so the Xbox app is picking up my mic (but I can't see their flare when they speak). I'm using a split 3.5mm jack with an Astro A10 headset. My mic works fine on Discord and other services, but for
    some reason the Xbox Companion app isn't working. I've tried changing the audio settings both on the Xbox app and Windows to other devices, made sure my privacy settings allowed my mic to be used on the Xbox app, hard resetting the Xbox app, restarting my
    PC, plugging my headset/mic out and back in, messed around with my mic settings on Windows and the Game Bar. For some reason, my microphone, specifically in an Xbox One party chat using the Xbox Companion app, doesn't seem to work. Both the Xbox app and Windows
    is up to date. Like I said before, the party chat is picking up my mic evidenced by the flare when I speak, but my friends can't hear me and I can't hear them. I've looked up and tried almost every troubleshoot option online and nothing is working, and it's
    driving me mad. It used to work on my old PC, and I just got a brand new PC yesterday as of posting this and now the problem occurs. Anyone else having this issue? Anybody know how to fix it? Please help!
    Currently April 25th/2020

Still no fix
Thema:

1. xbox companion app mic not working - Similar Threads - companion app mic

2. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  3. Xbox Companion + Xbox App Mic not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Companion + Xbox App Mic not working: I tried everything, activating protocols, changing internet settings but nothing worked. Even on the new xbox app it dosent work. What can I do? submitted by /u/Ok-Potential3519 [link] [comments]
  4. Mic isnt working on Xbox gamebar or Xbox console companion app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Mic isnt working on Xbox gamebar or Xbox console companion app: Hello friends, Ive been having this on going issue where i can not get my mic to work on voice chat while on my PC. Ive looked up so many solutions and none have worked. When im on the xbox...
  5. How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?: How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app? 406ca985-419c-48d0-b66d-76ba6fd455f3
  6. USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC): I'm using an M-Audio air 192/6 with an AT2020 and the app shows the line 1/2 input but the party app doesn't seem to be monitoring any sound and no one can hear me when I speak in party chat....
  7. Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App. Headset mic don’t work: I’ve tried to play game such as Fortnite with my friends (they have Nintendo Switch and PC) on my laptop in streming per App Xbox Companion. I play with headset connected to my Xbox Controller...
  8. Xbox Console Companion App Windows 10 Mic Buzz

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion App Windows 10 Mic Buzz: I play Call of duty: Modern Warfare with my friends on xbox (me being on pc) there is no discord app on xbox so we communicate through a party on the companion app and for some reason my mic has...
  9. Xbox Companion App Party Mic Sensitivity and Individual Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App Party Mic Sensitivity and Individual Volume Control: Hey, I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare 2019 with my friends who still play on Xbox. Normally i don't use the Xbox companion app for 2 reasons. There isn't anyone i can talk to and play...
  10. How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I hotkey mute my mic in the xbox companion app?: How on earth has microsoft not incorporated this feature like discord does? I need a hotkey to mute my mic and yet the app has nothing of the sort. I can not mute my entire system mic because I...