Xbox communications not working properly

Discus and support Xbox communications not working properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; 2 days ago i was trying to talk to my friends through discord on xbox and suddenly it stopped working. Firstly, my xbox switched into putting me into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ewoody147, May 29, 2024.

1. Ewoody147
    Ewoody147 Guest

2 days ago i was trying to talk to my friends through discord on xbox and suddenly it stopped working. Firstly, my xbox switched into putting me into game chat instead of party chat with my friends and when i join a party it is turned on by default. Next the xbox muted others so that i am unable to hear them as well as showing that i am speaking constantly when i am not and people are unable to hear me in and showing that i am making noise even when muted. Finally my xbox game and party chat mixer is set to fully on game chat with no way of changing it through settings and a switch on my headset as it wont move. This is happening in both xbox parties and discord calls alike and I have tested multiple headsets ( wired and wireless) and have had no success. Please help me resolve this issue soon as i am unable to talk to my friends and play my xbox properly as i would like.

:)

Ewoody147, May 29, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there Ewoody147. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with your audio in party's and in Discord.

Let's go through a series of troubleshooting steps to resolve these problems:

Basic Troubleshooting

Restart Your Xbox:

Hold the Xbox button on your console for about 10 seconds until it turns off.
    Unplug the power cable and wait for at least 30 seconds.
    Plug the power cable back in and turn on your Xbox.

Check Your Headset:

Ensure your headset is properly connected.
    Try using a different headset to see if the problem persists (as you mentioned you did, but this step is to re-confirm).

Update Your Xbox:

Go to Settings > System > Updates and check if there's a system update available.
    If an update is available, install it.
    Network and Account Settings

Check Network Connection:

Go to Settings > Network > Network settings and select Test network connection.
    Ensure your network connection is stable.

Sign Out and Sign In:

Sign out of your Xbox Live account and sign back in.
    Sometimes a re-login can resolve synchronization issues.
    Audio Settings

Audio Settings Reset:

Go to Settings > Display & sound > Audio output.
    Set Headset audio to Stereo uncompressed if it's set to something else.
    Check the Chat mixer and try setting it to Do nothing.

Party and Chat Settings:

Join a party and press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Go to Parties & chats, select your party, and ensure the Party chat is selected.
    Adjust the Chat mixer again within the party settings.
    Clear Cache and Reset

Clear System Cache:

Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    Unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait 10 seconds.
    Plug the power cable back in and turn on your Xbox.

Factory Reset (Soft Reset):

Go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console.
    Select Reset and keep my games & apps. This will reset the OS and delete corrupted data without affecting your games and apps.
    Additional Steps for Discord
    Unlink and Relink Discord:
    Go to Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.
    Unlink your Discord account and then link it again.

Ensure you have granted the necessary permissions for Discord to access Xbox Live.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. choppyseize Win User

Hoe kan ik ervoor zorgen dat ik via mijn apple oortjes normaal met mensen kan comminuceren? [Translation - How can I make sure that I can normally comminuceren with people via my apple ears?]

Apple ear buds are not compatible with the Xbox one and won't work like regular headsets. You will need to use another one to be able to communicate properly in parties.
  4. Its Smitty Bro Win User

Need access to preview program forums

Same here. None of my xbox live features are working properly since the update last night. Cant access "Friends" "EA Access" and "Community" features, the "Store" or even the "Xbox Preview Dashboard"
  5. VeZGeekz Win User

Xbox not working properly

After restarting my Xbox I got this
  6. codmaster378 Win User

Xbox is not working properly

Ive already tried that but thank you very much ill contact the support thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox communications not working properly - Similar Threads - communications working properly

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I put my "default communications output" to any of my headphones the sound turns...: I mean ANY headphone wired or wireless... 9ce98c79-f058-4b23-87f3-60829fdbc7b5
  4. The xbox x has the same issues with the communication or just the old version ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The xbox x has the same issues with the communication or just the old version ?: I got the same issue with my xbox one but i just gonna upgrade for the new (xbox x) to see if i can solve the problem 6d05017f-e5a6-492a-af80-f96e017ad01c
  5. I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended

in XBoX on Windows
    I appealed my communications suspension but I'm still suspended: I appealed my communications suspension but 3 days after it got approved it still says my communications are suspended a67c11c6-37c9-47e8-9237-52bc673b18b9
  6. I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm banned from using the Communication Services on Xbox for 366 days due to a Profile Picture.: I recently tried posting a Poison Ivy DC Supervillian photo as my Profile Picture without knowing I would've been banned in any way. It did not just report it once, but FIVE times, resulting in...
  7. I got communication banned by a cheater.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got communication banned by a cheater.: First he started off with killing new players I said you have fun killing people trying to enjoy the game. He said OK beta I said (Mod Removed) mean. Then he reported me and then I’m banned is...
  8. Communication Problems Xbox wireless headset - Halo 5 Coop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication Problems Xbox wireless headset - Halo 5 Coop: Hi, My son and I have an issue hearing / talking to eachother in Halo 5 Coop. 2 - seperate copies of Halo 5. My Setup: Xbox Wireless Headset Xbox Series X - wired connection to the modem...
  9. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....
  10. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...