Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games

Discus and support Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I am the Family Organiser for my XBox Cloud Gaming account, which we access through the Samsung TV. Even when the child account is logged in, it is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/almostwitty, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games

So I am the Family Organiser for my XBox Cloud Gaming account, which we access through the Samsung TV.

Even when the child account is logged in, it is still seeing promoted PEGI-18 games - right now, for instance, it's prominently showing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which is a problem for a household with young pre-teen kids.

How can I get around this?

submitted by /u/almostwitty
    [link] [comments]

/u/almostwitty, Aug 19, 2023
  2. NeoDan123 Win User

can't buy +18 games

Good day

The store will only allow you if your account is an adult account, child accounts will not be able to purchase +18 games.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Why can’t I use the custom gamerpic option?

There is two ways that MS sees an account as a child account.

1. The DOB when the account was originally setup. (which is set in stone and can not be changed) If the DOB is under 18 it will ALWAYS have to be in a family as a child account till it reaches its 18th birthday.

2. If the account is in a family as a child account. (even if the DOB is over 18 if it is still in a family as a child MS will see it as a child)

With that being said

When you say it was set as an adult account since then do you mean in the privacy settings on your xbox?

This is not going to change it to an adult account. even if the DOB is over 18

So if the DOB is over 18 this is what you need to do.

Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with the parent account and remove yourself from the family this will then put you into your own family as an adult.

Keep in mind if you do this and the DOB when your account was originally setup is still under 18 you will NOT be ABLE to do ANYTHING on your account till you are added to an account as a child account.
  4. Mark Sherwood Win User

AGE???????????????????????????????

Gary Alva hey there :)

Being classed as an 'adult' on Xbox LIVE depends on what your region defines as adulthood. If you are classed as an adult in your region then you would need to promote your account from a child account to an adult account. You can see how to do that via
    the below guide.

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/security/promote-child-account

In most regions, an adult is someone aged 18 years or over. If you are below this age then this may explain why you are having these issues and in retrospect if you are over this age and have not promoted your account to an adult account, then that too may
    be why you are having this problem.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  5. CoolBiz125 Win User

Why can’t I use the custom gamerpic option?

There is two ways that MS sees an account as a child account.

1. The DOB when the account was originally setup. (which is set in stone and can not be changed) If the DOB is under 18 it will ALWAYS have to be in a family as a child account till it reaches its 18th birthday.

2. If the account is in a family as a child account. (even if the DOB is over 18 if it is still in a family as a child MS will see it as a child)

With that being said

When you say it was set as an adult account since then do you mean in the privacy settings on your xbox?

This is not going to change it to an adult account. even if the DOB is over 18

So if the DOB is over 18 this is what you need to do.

Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with the parent account and remove yourself from the family this will then put you into your own family as an adult.

Keep in mind if you do this and the DOB when your account was originally setup is still under 18 you will NOT be ABLE to do ANYTHING on your account till you are added to an account as a child account.
    In the family, my account is certainly set as an adult. And my DOB was not changed in the privacy settings. I’m talking about the DOB at account.Microsoft.com.
  6. fredgiblet Win User

Cannot accept new terms of use with a new update

If you created the account when you were under 18 and you are now OVER 18 then I would suggest seeing if you can go to Settings -> Account -> Promote Account on the Xbox, that will let you promote your account to adult status if it is a child account. If
    it's not there you are either already an adult account or your account isn't showing as being over 18 yet.
Thema:

Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games

1. Xbox Cloud Gaming - stop child accounts seeing adult PEGI-18 games - Similar Threads - Cloud Gaming stop

2. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  3. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  4. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  5. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  6. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  7. High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming: For some reason when I first downloaded high on life for cloud gaming it didn’t work it only said it’s currently unavailable for cloud gaming even though I have ultimate to play it on cloud gaming...
  8. Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming has stopped working on my xbox xs console.: What is happening with cloud gaming? It has stopped working on my xbox x console. c932c2ac-dea9-4db3-94ea-d2853ff7740b
  9. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  10. I own 2 Xbox One X’s, how do I stop the cloud from syncing the same game settings between them?

in XboX Insiders
    I own 2 Xbox One X’s, how do I stop the cloud from syncing the same game settings between them?: Hi, I have 1 Xbox One X in in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. I love the cloud feature where I can continue my games progress in another room. But my issue is that on each Xbox I have...