XBOX cloud controller not using headphones and mic

Discus and support XBOX cloud controller not using headphones and mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Xbox I am using the cloud on a Samsung TV. It is connected and the elite series 2 controller is recognised and works. The only thing that does not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daniel OKeeffe, Sep 28, 2022.

1. XBOX cloud controller not using headphones and mic

Hi Xbox

I am using the cloud on a Samsung TV. It is connected and the elite series 2 controller is recognised and works. The only thing that does not work is the earphones that I plug into the controller. I want to use the mic and earphones for a party. Is there something I need to do to get this working?

:)

Daniel OKeeffe, Sep 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Daniel

It seems that right now only Bluetooth headsets are supported if you want to cloud game on your TV

"Connect a headset
    Launch a game from inside the Xbox app or from the Samsung Gaming Hub.
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide, scroll down, and then select the Headset icon. This will open the Samsung settings menu.
    Select Audio > Bluetooth Speaker List.
    Put your Bluetooth headset into pairing mode. When your TV detects your headset, select it from the list and then follow the prompts.
    Your headset should connect to your TV automatically next time you turn it on.
    Note Microphone output isn't currently supported. A fix is coming soon. You can still use your headset to hear game and chat audio. You can also use party chat with the Xbox mobile app for Android or iOS."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/cloud-...
  3. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Yes, both controllers fully updated.

Mic is at2020usb+, headphones are the apple earbuds, phone is the Nexus 5.

I'm using the audio out port on the mic and connecting that to the mic port of the splitter, and the headphones to the headphones port of the splitter, and the combo port to the controllers.
  4. Freddy_twotimes Win User

Audio headphones/Turtle beach streaming mic

Hi there,

When the audio headphones are plugged into the AV receiver, there is game sound, but I cant hear anyone in my party chat. I only see their gamertag show up in the chat overlay. They hear me thru the stream mic just fine. In Halo 5, setting audio to Speaker,
    or to Headphones doesnt change anything.

If I plug the headphones into the Turtle Beach stream mic, its onboard amplifier does a decent job driving the audio headphones, since the stream mic is powered via USB, but the amplifier is low quality by comparison to my AV receiver. I only got the stream
    mic so I could use my AV receiver to listen to my audio headphones in online gaming. I never expected or planned on using it to power the headphones.

Can I even can plug the Sennheiser game headphones into the AV receiver and the Mic into the controller now? If this stream mic is already connected to the XBOX via USB, and chat is only available when the headphones are connected into the stream mic and
    both run to the XBOX wired via USB, is it correct to assume that PC gaming headphones with a built in mic also cannot be split (the mic connected to the controller and chat sound coming through the AV receiver)? Im starting to think both the headphones and
    the mic must be connected to the controller together, communicating to the XBOX wirelessly, or ill just get game sound through the headphones and no chat like I am niw with this set up?
  5. UDVikings Win User

Others Cannot Hear Me on XBox One Headset

I bought both a standard mic, as a replacement, and a mic adapter, to use with my Beats 2 headphones. Neither are working (standard mic before and after controller update as a result of the mic adapter) on two separate controllers.
  6. lanikane Win User

Headset Adapter and Beats Studio Headset

@Monty Airline

How did you manage do use Kinect as mic while your headphones are connected to the controller? As soon as I plug in my headphones into the Stereo Headset Adapter my Kinect won't work as mic anymore... Strange thing is, this also happens if my headphones
    don't have an integrated mic
Thema:

1. XBOX cloud controller not using headphones and mic - Similar Threads - cloud controller using

2. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  3. So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one controller doesn’t work on cloud gaming: So my Xbox one controller when connected to my iPad works on almost all apps and on the home screen except for the cloud gaming website where it just doesn’t work. It claims that no controller is...
  4. Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I connect a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to Xbox Cloud?: I tried pairing my controller to my PC, and then seeing if it connected to Xbox Cloud, but it didn't work. Is there anything I can do? d57dc4e2-6bb6-40cf-b960-a4ceef224fd7
  5. I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am using cloud gaming and my controller randomly started freezing up and not working for...: I ran a stick drift test and it has none so it is something to do with cloud gaming. Anyone have any clue on what's going on and how to fix it? d13755ae-ae21-4815-9147-b9d6e76b5e39
  6. I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t use my ps4 controller to play cloud gaming: My controller has worked before but stopped working on chrome browser recently, it didn’t even work on safari 6d585cb6-db49-4a41-a218-030bade8b822
  7. Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am i going insane or did apple mess up the ability to use a controller for cloud gaming...: Can someone please help me before I football kick my phone across the room at mach ten. 7702d1fe-6045-46cc-9fbc-2cd9f6fa219e
  8. Fortnite Mobile controls when I’m using a controller (cloud gaming)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Mobile controls when I’m using a controller (cloud gaming): Regardless if I have a controller or not, the mobile Fortnite controls still show up. a48baef7-de60-4117-95ac-2f618047b106
  9. I'm using a controller on Xbox Cloud gaming Fortnite, but I have touch controls on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm using a controller on Xbox Cloud gaming Fortnite, but I have touch controls on my...: I've tried everything and I've looked through all of the settings in Fortnite, but I still can't get the touch controls off my screen when I'm using a controller. This makes me lag and makes the...
  10. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5