Xbox chat adapter chat and in game audio major issues

Discus and support Xbox chat adapter chat and in game audio major issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello, I have a x42 ear force headset that is wireless that I bought for the 360 but I got Destiny for the One so I needed the chat adapter to be able... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConnorGavitt, Sep 27, 2014.

1. ConnorGavitt
    ConnorGavitt Guest

hello, I have a x42 ear force headset that is wireless that I bought for the 360 but I got Destiny for the One so I needed the chat adapter to be able to talk to people. It sounds great when the adapter is Not being used, however after plugging the adapter
    in it all goes to to the crapper. (I did update the controller) I'm not even bothered by the chat going through the controller instead of the wireless receiver/transmitter which makes it sound very bad, no my problem is with the terrible balancing system and
    I need some help with it. The issue is even with the chat volume on the turtle beach chat wire MAXED and the game volume on the turtle beach adapter completely off which shows me it doesn't even work with the adapter. People sounds extremely quiet, the game
    volume WAY too loud and I can't even hear people when things are happening in the game. I tried "balancing" the chat/game audio all the way up to the max the chat can go and maxing the volume on the adapter master control however that makes the game volume
    sound distorted and not even close to how my TV speakers sound. Is there any way I can get the game audio to use the turtle beaches transmitter like it should and only use chat through the adapter so I can actually lower game volume without totally [Mod Removed]
    it up?

:)

ConnorGavitt, Sep 27, 2014
  2. Goons
    Goons Guest
    XP400 Headset on Xbox one

I'm having similar issues. Upgraded the firmware on the controller first. The headset works great for Game Audio wirelessly from the transmitter, but as soon as I plug it into the Microsoft Chat Adapter, game audio begins dropping out and chat doesn't function.
    When I unplug the headset from the Chat Adapter game audio works great.

The chat adapter seems to be the issue.

Any ideas?

Goons, Sep 27, 2014
  3. Xbox 360 wireless headset compatibility

I sent this to Turtle Beach with no response:

"Hi, I have completed the 3 steps to get a FREE Xbox One Headset Adapter for the Ear Force Phantom but I have a question. When my adapter arrives after March 1, 2014 will I still be listening in Stereo if the Dolby Digital 5.1 patch is not in the next major
    update. I ask this because the next Gen XO Seven and XO Four Headsets use the adapter for game and chat audio. Will the Phantom game audio be coming from optical and chat via the adapter or both game chat audio coming from the adaptor. If the game chat audio
    is coming from the adapter will there be a firmware update for the Phantom".

Jimmy Beam est, Sep 27, 2014
  4. Jimmy Beam est Win User

Xbox 360 wireless headset compatibility

I sent this to Turtle Beach with no response:

"Hi, I have completed the 3 steps to get a FREE Xbox One Headset Adapter for the Ear Force Phantom but I have a question. When my adapter arrives after March 1, 2014 will I still be listening in Stereo if the Dolby Digital 5.1 patch is not in the next major
    update. I ask this because the next Gen XO Seven and XO Four Headsets use the adapter for game and chat audio. Will the Phantom game audio be coming from optical and chat via the adapter or both game chat audio coming from the adaptor. If the game chat audio
    is coming from the adapter will there be a firmware update for the Phantom".
  5. Goons Win User

XP400 Headset on Xbox one

I'm having similar issues. Upgraded the firmware on the controller first. The headset works great for Game Audio wirelessly from the transmitter, but as soon as I plug it into the Microsoft Chat Adapter, game audio begins dropping out and chat doesn't function.
    When I unplug the headset from the Chat Adapter game audio works great.

The chat adapter seems to be the issue.

Any ideas?
  6. Costa Apostolou Win User

Chat won't go through headset

Press and hold the chat button on the adapter, this is the audio balance for the chat and game and if the game button is on full the chat will mute. The volume on the right side of the adapter is the overall volume. This may be your issue, it may not.
  7. Shaggy2000 Win User

XBOX ONE Headset Adapter (Problem)

You have to turn the game audio down to zero on the adapter, basically press the chat button on the adapter unroll you hear a double beep.

The reason for this is that the Xbox One is sending the game audio and chat audio through the adapter. Your also getting the surround sound through the Turtle Beach transmitter. So if you don't turn the game audio down through the chat adapter you'll get
    stereo and surround sound in your headset.
  8. TEST F0R ECH0 Win User

XBOX One Chat Adapter & Turtle Beach Issue

Actually the chat adapter that they are selling as of today does send both game audio and chat audio. There are even two buttons on the adapter itself that you can use to adjust the game audio vs chat audio percentage. The new Polk headset and the two
    new Turtle Beach X1 headsets get all game and chat audio through the new stereo headset adapter that was released today.

I imagine that your modified version of the adapter is actually a much better solution for 3rd party headset users, because it was modified off of the chat microphone and adapter that came with the X1. It was designed to just deliver chat audio back and
    forth.

Now that Microsoft has gone down the road of both game and chat audio coming through the controller and adapter, it has changed the playing field. It is great if you use a headset that doesn't have any other audio signal coming to your headset.

Also, I did look through the link above. It is where I got the idea to turn game audio to 0% and chat audio to 100% coming through the adapter. Thanks for the idea though.
Thema:

1. Xbox chat adapter chat and in game audio major issues - Similar Threads - chat adapter chat

2. I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests

in XboX Insiders
    I’m currently in beta mode, and unable to see chat requests: I’m unable to see any chat requests; I’ve restarted my console, manually logged out and back in, factory reset my console (while keeping installed content), and disconnected the WiFi then...
  3. Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Does voice chat ban affect party voice chat too?: If someone gets a voice chat ban in warzone, does that affect their own party voice chat too? My party can’t hear me in my party but I can hear them d2250211-35af-481f-9348-72eac4eeedd7
  4. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  5. Party chat malfunction

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat malfunction: My Xbox S won't recognize me speaking and I don't know what's wrong. The party chat is fine and I have everything updated and have good connection. I switched controllers and headsets and nothing...
  6. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  7. Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work in Xbox PC Party Chat: I am using my PC and have been using this xbox widget thing for 2 years now. Once I got my new headset I could be heard perfectly in xbox parties except for an echo and the other party members...
  8. When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox Roblox -Voice chat/ chat ever be added: When you join a game on Xbox version of ROBLOX it doesn't even have working option's for Voice chat, if you go to leaderboard the only option for voice chat is to enable it or disable it none...
  9. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  10. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...