Xbox can't read disk anymore

Discus and support Xbox can't read disk anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys, so I have an xbox one day one edition and it wont read cd or blu-ray. I've had this problem from the beginning where I , sometimes, have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sergeant Bakerr, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Xbox can't read disk anymore

Hi guys, so I have an xbox one day one edition and it wont read cd or blu-ray.

I've had this problem from the beginning where I , sometimes, have to pull out the cd and put it back in 2-3-4 times for it to boot. I was happening all the time sometimes not in months. Yesterday I wanted to listen to a blu-ray movie and it wouldnt boot.
    I tried the dvd, it finally booted after 10 times. I've played Halo 5 with the CD this morning but now nothing will boot.. no CD, DVD, Blu-ray nor any of my games. Anyone had this problem or knows if its fixable? Warranty if off thats for sure.. but is there
    anyway to fix it? Xbox can't read disk anymore :(

:)

Sergeant Bakerr, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Battlefiled3 keeps locking up my xbox

Faulty Disk that the Xbox Can't read?

LFGThePinkSting, Jan 27, 2016
  3. BoomBrolaf
    BoomBrolaf Guest
    Disk Can't be read

So how does this happen? I play Modern Warfare 2 for a good 3 hours. Turn my xbox off after dashboarding and then go take a shower. I come back turn my xbox on and try to start mw2 and it says disk cannot be read. I've opened it and closed it, turned console
    off on, and then I tried cleaning the disk. How does this happen?

BoomBrolaf, Jan 27, 2016
  4. KalawangBoy
    KalawangBoy Guest

KalawangBoy, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Nife004niff
    Nife004niff Guest
    This is the most frustrating thing ever! When i try to start up a disk the Xbox makes an awful grinding sound and won't spin the disk. Just now i tried starting up Black Ops 3 probably 15 to 20 times and it wouldn't work. So i tried Halo 5 and it was the
    same thing. So i completely shut down the consol (held the power button down for 8 seconds) and tried again. It worked on the second try. My xbox has been doing this since the last consol update about 4 months ago, and it seems to be getting worse. All i can
    recommend i guess is holding that power button down for 8 seconds and starting it back up, cause it just so happened to work for me. Good luck manXbox can't read disk anymore :)

Nife004niff, Feb 1, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    I haven't had the issue but I read that sometime lifting the front of the console slightly will help with some disc loading issues. One suggested putting something like a game case under the from of the console. Please don't shoot the messenger. Xbox can't read disk anymore :) This
    definitely should not be the norm but it is something to try. However, you may want to send your console for repair. http://support.xbox.com/

{Parity}, Feb 2, 2016
  7. A 'disk' is a diskette, used on older systems & PC. You mean a DISC as in 'compact disc', with a 'C' not a 'K'.

I only have this problem with my new Destiny disc & it's a different issue, not reading my Destiny disc after power off. All my other disc games & Blu-Rays work without any problem.

vV DARK HERO Vv, Oct 31, 2018
  8. C0D3 red Win User

Looking for friends

Feel free to friend me but I can no longer play disk games due to my Xbox not reading disks anymore. But I am a big time Minecraft player.
  9. LFGThePinkSting Win User

Battlefiled3 keeps locking up my xbox

Faulty Disk that the Xbox Can't read?
  10. Toad 004 Win User

backwards compatibility

Wait, in your tags, it says "Unreadable disk". If the 360 gives an unreadable disk error, it means just that, it can't read the disk.

If you play an xbox game that is NOT backwards compatible, it will FLAT OUT SAY "THIS ORIGINAL XBOX GAME IS NOT COMPATIBLE". Not "this disk cannot be read".

Try cleaning the disk. Are there any scratches on it?
  11. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Disk Can't be read

12. AbiX MichMasteR Win User

You last played this on a different console. The game will restart and use your saved info from the other console - error

One doesn't read disks anymore and in the other I have my games on demand, why?
Thema:

1. Xbox can't read disk anymore - Similar Threads - can't read disk

2. Xbox hardware document can't read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox hardware document can't read: Hi I have two questions I would like to ask 1.The three NDA topics on this page cannot be viewed, and they all get stuck in loading....
  3. When I go to read my messages on my xbox one. I get this message "we can't get all of your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I go to read my messages on my xbox one. I get this message "we can't get all of your...: When I go to read my messages on my xbox one. I get this message "we can't get all of your messages right now. Check back later". This has been going on for 2 weeks and I can't see any messages...
  4. Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does battlefield 3 Xbox 360 multiplayer boot me off saying it can't read the disk but...: I keep getting booted off of multiplayer on battlefield 3 Xbox 360 stating it can't read the disk, the disk is dirty, but I'm playing on a digital copy? No disk 3c1658df-fc75-4e8d-a104-75722ea3f4c7
  5. "Can't read disk" Problem on BF4! HELP!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Can't read disk" Problem on BF4! HELP!!!: I need help! My game (Battlefield 4) after i play for like 5 minutes freezes and a message apears saying "Can't Read Disk"(in Portuguese ) and i dont no what to do! Can i fix it or just have to...
  6. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?: So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on...
  7. Download issues (can't read disk)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Download issues (can't read disk): I recently purchased Dirt 3 from the marketplace. It works fine with just about every aspect but certain levels cause the game to bring up a "can't read disk error" and force close the game....
  8. 360 Can't Read Game Disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 Can't Read Game Disk: A few months ago I bought all three Fable games from a used game store, and they were in excellent condition. I went home and put the first game in the disk tray and shut it. At first it required...
  9. Disk Drive Can't Read

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk Drive Can't Read: Good Day, I Purchased XBOX One 500 GB 4 days ago, after 2 days I discovered that system cant read from the disk drive and never react with the disks inserted to the drive...
  10. Titanfall, dashboard, can't read disk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Titanfall, dashboard, can't read disk.: Hi all, Got awp weird one for you. Be interesting to see if anyone is experiencing this issue. Playing Titanfall quite happily then, reconnecting message comes up following by been kicked back to...