Xbox cannot connect to any private game with friends

Discus and support Xbox cannot connect to any private game with friends in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Heya, so I’ve been having this problem where I cannot connect to any private game with friends. A bit of history with the issue. When me and me friend... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dakota McFarland, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Xbox cannot connect to any private game with friends

Heya, so I’ve been having this problem where I cannot connect to any private game with friends.

A bit of history with the issue. When me and me friend (PC player) were going to play ARK: Survival Evolved together on his world, the Xbox says that it cannot connect, and doesn’t give an error code. We decided to see who’s device was the issue, and got a 3rd friend to startup Stardew Valley (everyone on Xbox). They had no issues, while I couldn’t connect to either one of them. How do I fix this?

:)

Dakota McFarland, Jul 13, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Contact your Internet service provider and ask them to open these ports

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask it to enable UPnP in case you have it disabled.

Best regards.
  3. Mister Fitzer Win User

Cannot connect to friends on private chat or within games.

Hey Brett, thanks for the thorough first post. From reading your post, it sounds like you likely have an invisible NAT issue. I'm taking it you're on a different ISP than your friend, correct? Also, your issue does persist when wired directly to the modem,
    yes? I'm afraid that if you are on an invisible NAT (which would lay with your ISP), your only option will be to connect through a different ISP.
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Always happy to reply. :) Best of luck with the ISP--please do keep us posted. And of course, feel free to
    rate your forums experience at any point.
  5. bombsquadnz Win User

Thanks for the reply Mister Fitzer!

Connecting to the modem directly doesnt fix it, and yeah my friend is on a different isp.

Looks like its the ISP. Any word on people successfuly getting this issue fixed at their isp?

I dont have much choice in my neighbourhood unfortunately.

Thanks again!
  6. GUNZxNxROSEZ Win User

Retrieving text from a friends message

Hello there!

Unfortunately, the Xbox Team cannot recover any private messages sent through Xbox Live. I am however sorry to hear about your friend leaving unexpectedly.
Thema:

1. Xbox cannot connect to any private game with friends - Similar Threads - cannot connect private

2. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  3. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  4. The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    The gamepad cannot be updated and does not connect to the console: I received a gamepad as a gift, and it worked for a while. But today I discovered that it no longer connects to the console. If I connect it by wire, the console says that it is an unauthorized...
  5. Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to online services with gamepass ultimate active: I redeemed a code for gamepass ultimate through the online store and I ran into an issue where I can't access online features or gamepass games despite the store already accepting the code I used....
  6. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  7. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  8. Cannot connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the wifi: My xbox says the console is connected to the internet but it acts as though i’m not. I’ve tried rebooting and everything. When i try connecting to the wifi it says i’m connected but i cannot...
  9. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  10. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...