Xbox(Beta) app on Windows 10 - stupidly slow d/l?

Discus and support Xbox(Beta) app on Windows 10 - stupidly slow d/l? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi all, Like so many others I opted for the brand spanking new 1.00/intro month for this service, duly updated windows and grabbed the app. But... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/alphawarframe, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Xbox(Beta) app on Windows 10 - stupidly slow d/l?

Hi all,

Like so many others I opted for the brand spanking new 1.00/intro month for this service, duly updated windows and grabbed the app.

But what's with the dowload speed? I'm trying to get Hollow Knight and it's done less than a GB in 20 mins. My connection is a reliable 100mb+ at all times (virgin, UK) and the 7gb game should have been down in minutes.

I checked Steam, Uplay and Origin as well as some other speed test stuff and it's not my connection in general - everything is speeding along.

Ironically, the "normal" MS store is also speedy - I grabbed Sea of Thieves earlier and that 38gb took a respectably acceptable time.

Anyone had any solutions or ideas for this?

thank you

submitted by /u/alphawarframe
    [link] [comments]

/u/alphawarframe, Jun 14, 2019
  2. Freeaakyyy Win User

Joining the xbox preview program

on the other hand as Major Nelson posted yesterday on twitter, u actually can use a custom gamerpic through the Windows 10 Beta App :D
  3. JamesTech Win User

Xbox App and Xbox App Beta keeps Crashing

Hello PhidzMac02,

I did like you asked and made another account on my computer (Windows 10 that isn't in the Insider Program" and Xbox App still crashes

[​IMG]

I have (On my killerjames 425 Account) Opened Groove to download all my music as Groove is ending on Dec 31 and didn't have any problemsI have also opened OneDrive and downloaded all my files to my D drive and transferred them back to OneDrive with no problemOpened
    Skype and used it for a few hours with no problemOpened Xbox Insider App and used it for a while and let it sit for a few hours with no problemPlayed with Cortana and didn't have any problems

On Windows 10 the only problem I have is with the Xbox App and this is on this Computer that's Not in the Insider Program and with another Computer that is in the Fast Ring and another that is in the Slow Ring.I have talked with other folks and they are having
    the same crashing problem with Xbox App on Windows 10

Like I said all Store Apps are updated and all Windows 10 updates are installed - I also Cleared Store Cache multi times and uninstalled Xbox App and Xbox Beta AppAlso like I said this is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro - Also Opera, Firefox, and Chrome are
    installed on D drive, Windows 10 and Store Apps are the only programs on C drive

Thank you,James
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Can't install pc game pass games using xbox beta app, have to go through the microsoft store

5. A Skilled Shot Win User

Game Pass on PC not working.

So on your PC you need to make sure the
    game pass ultimate account is signed into the
    Microsoft store app, You might want to try installing the
    xbox(beta) app
    on windows as well and try downloading from there.

Not all of the game pass games between Xbox and PC are the same, the xbox(beta) app will show you all the available and installed windows game pass games

US xbox(beta)

CAN xbox(beta)
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox app .EXE

The Xbox Beta app needs the UWP framework which isn't implemented in Wine.

If you wish to run the Windows 10 Xbox Beta App (or any other UWP App from the Windows 10 Store), the only way to do that on your Mac is by dual booting or Virtualization.

Wine will not help in this case.
Thema:

Xbox(Beta) app on Windows 10 - stupidly slow d/l?

1. Xbox(Beta) app on Windows 10 - stupidly slow d/l? - Similar Threads - Beta app Windows

2. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  3. Invitation links TestFlight for Xbox mobile beta app (iOS)

in XboX Insiders
    Invitation links TestFlight for Xbox mobile beta app (iOS): TestFlight has limited spots and it seems to be full right now. Where can I check if there are any free spots again. Can I sign up for a list or does it show up in the Insider Hub or do I have to...
  4. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  5. Can't Unenroll From Xbox App Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Unenroll From Xbox App Beta: I want to unenroll from the xbox app insider program, but I cannot because when I launch the xbox insider hub, it says I need to be 18. Is there any other way to get out of the beta? submitted by...
  6. Discord beta not appearing on the app

in XboX Insiders
    Discord beta not appearing on the app: I downloaded and applied for Xbox insiders and seem to be accepted but I can’t find the location for the discord app and was wondering if anyone know how to help with that. submitted by...
  7. Why is the events app still being forced onto customers as a beta?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the events app still being forced onto customers as a beta?: SE Created on November 8, 2020 Why am I forced to have the events beta app on my xbox? I uninstall it immediately every time, just like the rewards scam, but I'm forced to reinstall it...
  8. Xbox Beta App Update Broken Version 2202.212.125

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta App Update Broken Version 2202.212.125: I updated my Xbox Beta App this morning from the Google Play Store (Verion 2202.212.125) which now causes the app to crash after selecting it. All the workarounds tried, but nothing fixes it....
  9. Xbox App (Beta) authenticate pop-up window keeps opening

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App (Beta) authenticate pop-up window keeps opening: Hi guys I'm new to the community, and wanted to share something that helped me and hopefully can help others if it is indeed a fix. When I open the new Xbox app (beta) I continue to get a pop up...
  10. Xbox (Beta) App don't load game (stuck on synchronizing window)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (Beta) App don't load game (stuck on synchronizing window): I donwloaded Xbox (Beta) for Game Pass, paied the first month and download a game (Snake Pass). I played it for a while, closed the game and went do something else. When I got back to PC to play...