Xbox Beta App and Microsoft Store showing two different download speeds.

Discus and support Xbox Beta App and Microsoft Store showing two different download speeds. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title suggest for some reason the Xbox Beta App is downloading games EXTREMELY slow. Like Im getting 5MB/S which is not what my internet should... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MrBaconNinja123, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Xbox Beta App and Microsoft Store showing two different download speeds.

As the title suggest for some reason the Xbox Beta App is downloading games EXTREMELY slow. Like Im getting 5MB/S which is not what my internet should be getting seeing as i can go download something on steam and get upwards to 40MB/S. Which when i look at the actual Microsoft Store it seems to reflect, As it states a game downloading should being doing so around 40MB/S but for some reason is downloading like its going from the Xbox beta app, where while it may say it should be 40MB/S its actual downloading at the 5MB/S rate. Which is my question, why are they showing two different download speeds and why is the download speed so slow to begin with. (Again it is not my wifi).

:)

MrBaconNinja123, Aug 1, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Could you tell me if your windows are fully updated, in case the latest version of windows is V 21H1? If you are not about to update your windows please follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

*You can find this information at the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upd...
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

The difference in speed

Hi,

That's quite simple to explain. The Xbox App shows downloads in MB/S (Megabytes per second), the Windows Store shows download speed in Mb/s (Megabits per second)

A speed of 50mb/s = 6.25MB/s

It's the same speed, just a different measurement. Like how home broadband is sold by Megabit speed rather than Megabyte speed.

Remember dial up? A 56k modem was 56Kb/s. Which is around 7 Kilobytes a second.

By the way, the Windows Store isn't just showing the download, this is the application that's doing the download. The Xbox App doesn't actually download anything on its own.
  4. GJOVIE Win User

Xbox App Windows 10 - Download SO SLOW with a Gigabit Speed

These people saying that the Microsoft store increases you're speed are mistaken.

Xbox app shows the download in MB/s
    While Microsoft Store shows the download in Mb/s

Stright smoke and mirrors. If you do not know the difference between MB/s and MB/s, here you go.

Plainly put. I get around 7 MB/s on the Xbox App and 60 Mb/s on the Microsoft story. They are the same speed.

Why hasn't a Rep commented on this post? It is an issue that is all over Reddit and there is no shortage of posts when you search up this issue.

We need some answers. I also am running on a gig up gig down and all other launcher platforms are greatly superior in speed compared to Microsoft store/app.
  5. WPAK Win User

Application Error XboxInstaller.exe (0xe0434352) Occured During Installation of Xbox Game Pass Application

Hi there,

can you also try to download the app via the Microsoft Store app on the PC.

It should be there when you search for Xbox beta. This should show the app with the name Xbox (beta).

To see if that works.

Let us know the results
  6. Harvestbuddy Win User

Game not showing on the app

The Xbox (Beta) app recently got updated out of Beta. Try going to the Microsoft Store app to download Minecraft and while you're there, click on the top right icon (the one with the Down Arrow) or the "..." and click on "Downloads and Updates".

Also, the Xbox (Beta) app currently only shows Game Pass games. Minecraft PC unfortunately is not on Game Pass.
Thema:

1. Xbox Beta App and Microsoft Store showing two different download speeds. - Similar Threads - Beta App Microsoft

2. Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App Installer freezing when trying to install/Microsoft store freezing when...: Hello, I recently bought Xbox Game Pass and I have been playing multiple games (Sea of Thieves, ASTRONEER, Doom Eternal, Forza Horizon 4, No Man's Sky.) Today, ASTRONEER had updated to version...
  3. Xbox Beta App - Microsoft Flight simulator will not fully update. need help...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App - Microsoft Flight simulator will not fully update. need help...: Recently trying to install microsoft flight sim and upon launch of the game i am prompted with a update screen. I started installing the 91GB update it keeps getting stuck at the end with about...
  4. It asks me to sign in every time I open the Xbox Beta app instead of keeping my Microsoft...

in XboX Insiders
    It asks me to sign in every time I open the Xbox Beta app instead of keeping my Microsoft...: It's been going on for a few days and it doesn't always happen. It's happening on Android 9 In the version 2006.0624.0047 The error is reported from the application. Thanks. submitted by...
  5. Xbox Games for PC Installed Via Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store Do Not Uninstall Properly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Games for PC Installed Via Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store Do Not Uninstall Properly: After playing the Grounded Insider Flight a while ago I uninstalled it once the flighting was over. I thought I had uninstalled it by right clicking the app and then selecting uninstall. Searching...
  6. Unable to login to microsoft store app, xbox companion or beta app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to login to microsoft store app, xbox companion or beta app.: I purchased the xbox game pass through the microsoft store on browser, I go to download Gears 5 and it automatically launches the microsoft store app and proceeds to let me download the game. I...
  7. Xbox Beta App ain't installing nor Microsoft Store can download anything.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta App ain't installing nor Microsoft Store can download anything.: I tried to download Blair Witch, and it was installed. When I opened it an error popped up saying that I should re-install the game because there was something wrong. I uninstalled it but it was...
  8. Xbox Beta App ain't installing nor Microsoft Store can download anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Beta App ain't installing nor Microsoft Store can download anything.: I tried to download Blair Witch, and it was installed. When I opened it an error popped up saying that I should re-install the game because there was something wrong. I uninstalled it but it was...
  9. Microsoft store and Xbox beta app problems.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store and Xbox beta app problems.: Every time i restart or shutdown my pc all the download on my Xbox app in addition to all my download on the microsoft store disappear and i have to start them again. I tried everything ,...
  10. Not able to install Bleeding edge on Xbox beta app or through microsoft store.

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to install Bleeding edge on Xbox beta app or through microsoft store.: Everytime i download it through the xbox beta app it comes up error with no error code. When i download it from microsoft store it says 'something happened on our end'. I had no problems...