Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

Discus and support Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gingerminks, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Gingerminks
    Gingerminks Guest

So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is the problem, has anyone dealt with this before?

:)

Gingerminks, Jun 19, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Gingerminks! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

It could be the port on the controller. Do you have another controller you can test this with? What happens if you try another headset?
  3. Gingerminks Win User

Hi! So tonight I've tried my usual controller, an alternate controller and an alternate headset and it's still giving me the same issue
  4. Jousma Family Win User

Where did the Party Chat Mixer go for Xbox One?

Yes, my headset plugs into the 3.5mm jack of the controller. No new option pops up when my headset is plugged in. There used to be a permanent option for adjusting the volume in the settings. I noticed this option had gone away, even though (at the time)
    I was using the same controller I always had back when the option was there.
  5. I Geco I Win User

Simple question on Xbox One headset adapter

Hello,

I just got my issue solved. If you do use the Xbox One Headset Adapter, you will need to update the controller. After that, you'll be all set to plug in your headset.

From my understanding, as long as your 3.5 mm jack has 3 bands on it, it will work. You do not need to plug it into the TV or the Xbox One. You just need to plug it into the jack. If you wanted to use optical or rca, and your headset supports it, you will
    be able to. I believe that is what they are referring to. Hopefully this helps!
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Hello I'd I'll like to ask a question about a Xbox wireless adapter

there are no Bluetooth Xbox adapters as Xbox is not compatible with Bluetooth. You can plug a wired headset into the controller, or purchase an Xbox specific headset.

The Microsoft wireless headset is compatible with both Bluetooth and Xbox but I believe it requires you to re-sync it when you switch platforms
Thema:

1. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in - Similar Threads - believes headset permanently

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...

in XBoX on Windows
    A game was purchased on my account, this was not purchased by myself I believe my account...: How do I finout if my account was hacked, a game was purchased but not by me, I believe my account was hacked a0ad8456-3944-476e-ad93-246b573628b3
  4. I believe my minecraft account got hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my minecraft account got hacked.: I haven't played for a long time and it seems these pesky hackers got my minecraft account out of nowhere. I have proof as there is an email for it as shown in the screenshot. I tried the account...
  5. I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the...: I have an Xbox one X 1TB & its not staying connected too the TV. I believe it's the resolution set in the xbox but I could be wrong. What can/should i do? e3649c21-c662-4599-907a-968aa551fe07
  6. I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my gamertag was force named changed, it does not at all violate or even...: My gamertag is "Pills" not spelled any differently; I believe I was forced name changed but have yet to see a notification about it. Some people have told me they will get my gamertag banned...
  7. Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one is running slow. I believe the power supply is damaged but I dont want to replace...: Please if anybody knows a fix I'd love to hear it. Could my power supply be slowing down my xbox speeds? I've tried clearing cache 3 times and hard resetting it multiple times so please dont...
  8. I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox one s is in a reboot cycle and i dont know how to fix it so i would like...: My Xbox one s which I got a few years ago has been in a reboot cycle for a while now (about 8-9 months or more). It started when everything was normal but then one time when I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.: Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check...
  10. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c