xbox avatar editor export not working

Discus and support xbox avatar editor export not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, When exporting my xbox avatar with the Xbox Avatar Editor using its photo booth option, it doesn't seem to create valid files. It creates the .obj... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TijgerPapa, Sep 8, 2023.

1. TijgerPapa
    TijgerPapa Guest

Hi,

When exporting my xbox avatar with the Xbox Avatar Editor using its photo booth option, it doesn't seem to create valid files.
    It creates the .obj , .mtl and .png files, but when I open the .obj file in 3D Builder, nothing is visible. It asks for the .mtl and .png on opening, but nothing is displayed. There is something there, cause it's selectable (but it's flat???). There's not much of options to choose when exporting, so what good be causing this?

Here's a scaled up version. Not really what I was hoping to see

xbox avatar editor export not working [​IMG]

Here's a Blender look. Seems it just created a single line whit some vertices

xbox avatar editor export not working [​IMG]

I'm on Windows 11 (22H2) using Xbox Avatar Editor version 100.1906.4002.0

:)

TijgerPapa, Sep 8, 2023
  2. JaqFinch Win User

3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11)

Hi Tomm_A!

Good news, bad news.

It worked! .. But it wasn't able to export after that.

This time, the Xbox Avatar Editor closed down on its own and it longer to reopen the program.
  3. TijgerPapa Win User

Hi,
    Seemed to have missed the first notification.

I'm not interested in importing my original avatar (it looks stupid :D), my new one looks better.
    Reinstalling and saving to the desktop did not change the outcome however :(

Grtz
  4. Fatima_J Win User

Hi TijgerPapa

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

We understand that you are trying to export an avatar using Xbox Avatar Editor. Based on your description you are having issues saving it. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

There is a way to import however, it this support article did not say about exporting so please see the steps below: (Create or update an Xbox Avatar | Xbox Support)

1. Launch the Xbox Avatar Editor app.
    2. Select Xbox Original Avatar, and then choose your original avatar.
    3. Select Import.

Have you tried saving it on your computer desktop? You may want to use the Drive C and select the Desktop folder to save your files. You may then see an Xbox GamerTag folder name in your computer, and you may select any files you may be needing for 3D viewing. This should launch 3D viewer by default and if it get stuck to 3D viewer logo, close it first and relaunch 3D viewer.

We hope that helps. If you have suggestions about Xbox Avatar Editor, you may send a feedback through the application by going into settings and look for feedback.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Avatar Editor to see if that resolves the issue? Additionally, you may want to try exporting your avatar in a different file format, such as .fbx or .dae, to see if that produces a valid file. If the issue persists, you may want to contact Xbox support for further assistance.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Fatima_J Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Fatima J

Microsoft Moderator
  6. Iguaina Win User

Infinite "updating avatar clothes and accessories" issue

For anybody having this issue try this:

Disconnect from Xbox Live

Go to the avatar editor and create a new avatar (works for gender and items)

Once you are finished save and exit

Reconnect to Xbox Live

Go to the avatar editor once again and this time it should update without issue.
Thema:

1. xbox avatar editor export not working - Similar Threads - avatar editor export

2. We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor: We need the ability to recreate xbox 360 avatars on the avatar editor, because i loved spending hours messing around with the characters back in 2019, but now i'm super bummed out that i have to...
  3. Cannot save avatar in Avatar Editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot save avatar in Avatar Editor: Every time anyone in my family tries to edit their avatar, when the go to save it they get, "Something went wrong. Try again in a little while". This has been an ongoing issue for years now. I...
  4. Avatar editor won't save changes

in XboX Insiders
    Avatar editor won't save changes: Recently I tried editing my xbox avatar but for some reason I keep getting this message saying "Something went wrong. Try again in a little while" I tried doing all of the standard procedures...
  5. Xbox Avatar Editor Not Saving?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Avatar Editor Not Saving?: I have my 6yr old daughters profile under my Microsoft Family. I have given her adult rights, unrestricted her gameplay, deleted the Avatar app and redownloaded it. I have even tried creating a...
  6. Hey!! I have two requests for adding a customization option on the Xbox avatar editor.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey!! I have two requests for adding a customization option on the Xbox avatar editor.: First request is an option for clothing wear, and it is a sash section. I decided this could be a good idea when i was trying to make my avatar look like Sun god Luffy, from the popular anime One...
  7. Xbox avatar editor won't save changes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox avatar editor won't save changes: I have tried everything ever suggested to get the avatar editor app to save changes or even allow me to create a new avatar and I keep getting the "something went wrong" error message. I have...
  8. 3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    3D Export Not Woking in XBOX AVATAR EDITOR (Wins10 or 11): I found the post too late from @Akradon and couldn't respond to @KathyA (Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working - Microsoft Community) --- So here goes. (Wins10 most up to date version User)...
  9. Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Avatar Editor: 3D export not working: Hi all, I'm trying to export my avatar so I can rig it and use it in blender. Searching the net, the PC avatar editor is the best option but it doesn't seem to be working at all? I click...
  10. Xbox Avatar Editor - 3D export not working anymore?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Avatar Editor - 3D export not working anymore?: Hey there! Today I tried to export my 3D avatar so I could create a better profile pic with it (by adding it in a 3D background on Unity, etc) to no avail. After I clicked the capture button and...