Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar

Discus and support Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a samsung q95t and a hwq60t soundbar. With my Xbox series X I have a big audio delay and I don't know how to resolve it. I have only... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gabbuino91, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar

Hi guys, I have a samsung q95t and a hwq60t soundbar. With my Xbox series X I have a big audio delay and I don't know how to resolve it. I have only two options in my console settings: uncompressed stereo ( small delay but I lost my 5.1) and Dolby digital ( huge delay). My Xbox is connected to my TV in 2.1 hdmi port and my sound bar from its Arc to TV's earc. I saw that on my TV audio setting by default the delay option is setting to 100, could be the problem? Thanks a lot , I'm very desperate.

submitted by /u/Gabbuino91
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gabbuino91, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Avenge El Chapo Win User

Xbox Series X + Dolby Atmos = NO center channel

Hey so I will say, I have tested this with an HT-7000 as well as an LG S95QR, and the issue with centre channel audio/subwoofer not working is an issue exclusively with the Samsung soundbars.

I have an LG G2 OLED, and it’s e-Arc port might have changed if you have say a C1 or CX, but I have no issues with lipsync/audio delay on these TV’s when the tv settings, Xbox and soundbar settings are correct (lag is indistinguishable from 7.1 uncompressed). Sometimes it is a result of the TV though and it’s e-Arc port/processing, so the Sharc V2 by ThenAudio is a device that you would have to add if your still experiencing audio delay issues.

First thing of order though is getting a viable Atmos soundbar for Atmos gaming, which the Samsungs at the moment are not. From My understanding, there are different “types” of Dolby Atmos, just like there are different types of Dolby Vision (such as Low Latency Dolby Vision/LLDV, and regular Dolby Vision). The Q930B doesn’t support every Atmos format.

Last years Samsung soundbars had the same issue. They could use Dolby MAT (Blue Ray version of Dolby Atmos), and it wasn’t until the 2022 soundbars that they fixed this. Now, this years soundbars don’t support LPCM Atmos, or Dolby Mat 2.0. You can see this issue actually present on the soundbar, if you go into a non-Atmos game on your Xbox (when set to Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre), and you check the information on the soundbar it displays as “Multi-Channel PCM” rather than “Dolby Audio”. It’s an issue with the soundbars not supporting enough audio formats essentially, and it downconverts it to another channel, causing issues.
  3. Grandad G Win User

No digital via HDMI ARC

[quote user="iiiNeURoTiC"]

Hi All,

I get Digital Audio via my Opitcal to Px4 headset, however using HDMI I can only get stereo?

Setup is as follows.

Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar

Anyone have any tips on how to get this working? or should this work at all?

[/quote]
    This doesn't look right to me (i could be wrong) Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar
    Should be....
    Xbox One -> HDMI -> Samsung Soundbar (must be a ARC compatible soundbar with the correct HDMI sockets in/out) -> HDMI -> Samsung TV ARC / Headset optical -> Samsung Soundbar change setting on xbox
  4. TheBigRigatoni Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Any new update on this situation. I have an LG CX hooked up to a Samsung Q90r soundbar. If the Xbox is set to Dolby Atmos there is a noticeable delay. Unfortunately on the LG OLED and the soundbar you can not reduce the audio delay so you can only further increase it. However if I choose 7.1 uncompressed I have no issues.
  5. Sheppaboi Win User

XBOX Series X Dolby Atmos audio cut out

Hello, I am not having audio delay, I am having audio cut out which lasts until the TV / soundbar or Xbox is restarted... It happens frequently
  6. RidhwanLatif Win User

Xbox One connecting to Sound Bar, Volume Control?

Have u tried input your samsung soundbar brand and type in setting>TV and guide>Devices>audio receiver
Thema:

Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar

1. Xbox audio delay Samsung TV and soundbar - Similar Threads - audio delay Samsung

2. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  3. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  4. Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos Xbox audio delay: There is an audio delay when using Dolby atmos for gaming on my Xbox Series X. As of writing, Dolby Access, the Xbox OS and the soundbar firmware are all up to date. My setup: 1. Xbox -> HDMI...
  5. Audio delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio delay: Hello guys I'm having an issue with the audio delay in my series X, i've tried everything you can think of, like factory reset, resetting audio settings, etc, still having issue with the audio...
  6. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...
  7. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  8. Dolby Digital Audio Delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital Audio Delay: Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1. Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to...
  9. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?: Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable Refresh Rate setting on the Xbox until today....
  10. anyone else with a small audio delay on skip ahead?

in XboX Insiders
    anyone else with a small audio delay on skip ahead?: sometimes I have a small delay in the audio, I don't know how to replicate it but it fixes by re starting the console submitted by /u/Omni7124 [link] [comments]