xbox asking for pin to sign in that i didn't set up and can't change

Discus and support xbox asking for pin to sign in that i didn't set up and can't change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried signing into Destiny 2 using a different xbox account than the main one logged in already. My boyfriend has his own account set up on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cmn8266, Nov 8, 2021.

1. cmn8266
    cmn8266 Guest

I tried signing into Destiny 2 using a different xbox account than the main one logged in already. My boyfriend has his own account set up on the computer and instead of redownloading the entire game again, i decided to try and login on his with my account. it gives me the option, but when prompted to put in my password for the account, it then pushes me to sign in using a pin that i have no knowledge of. all attempts at using pins i've set up previously have failed. i've even tried removing my pin being required - successfully, as far as my microsoft account login goes, instead asking for my password only - but the it still asks me to input a pin.

I have no clue what this pin could possibly be and have tried resetting the pin i have access to, but no change. it still won't let me login to my xbox account. and removing the pin altogether does nothing. it'll ask me for a password then still ask for the unknown pin. I've been locked out multiple times and have had to restart. I'm at a complete loss and getting very frustrated that there's nothing on how to fix this online other than what I've already tried.

:)

cmn8266, Nov 8, 2021
  2. andersonpassos Win User

the pin is from the main account that is admin.
  3. cmn8266 Win User

• Same computer, two separate Microsoft accounts and logins. Both are admin accounts.
    • Downloaded destiny on his account and instead of redownloading another 80gbs, I decided to use the "switch account" function. The login to my account here is where I'm getting the pin issue
  4. andersonpassos Win User

the pin is the authorization of the machine, which has an account as the main one, the device is registered with microsoft with another account and another pin the owner of the pc. The pin he uses to access the machine.
  5. cmn8266 Win User

The pin I had set up for the computer login didn't work. I removed the pin as a login, leaving only my password (which I input correctly). Then when trying to login and even after inputting my password, it was still asking for a pin.

I then put in a new pin for my account and then tried that, and was still told it was wrong. So I don't know what pin it's wanting at this point.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

each and every pin he asks for is from windows installed, that is, a pin of your account on that pc in particular.
Thema:

1. xbox asking for pin to sign in that i didn't set up and can't change - Similar Threads - asking pin sign

2. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  3. Asking for pin after disabling crossplay on MW3

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asking for pin after disabling crossplay on MW3: I recently jumped on MW3 and decided to disable crossplay from the the settings in the xbox dashboard. Now when i play MW3 after every game, it asks me to input my pin number then deny crossplay....
  4. Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...: Why can't I play fallout 76 a923d6b0-3d69-4230-8a4e-e20a48921a84
  5. When adding an account I keep being asked for console pin. No idea what this is please can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When adding an account I keep being asked for console pin. No idea what this is please can...: Hi, I am trying to add an account to my Xbox one but it keeps telling ‘ this action requires the access pin that was set for this console. Using your control remote, enter your 6-digit pin.’ How...
  6. Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft keeps asking me to enter a Windows Hello PIN I have never set up.: So I downloaded the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft Store and when I wanted to log in with Microsoft there it would ask me for a windows hello pin that I never set up. The account i wanted...
  7. Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...: I've been trying to log into Minecraft to get to the Java version of the game, but it seems as when I try to log into another Microsoft account to reach it, I always get asked for a pin. Now I...
  8. I'm having trouble connecting my PC to my Xbox it keeps on asking for the pin which I put in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm having trouble connecting my PC to my Xbox it keeps on asking for the pin which I put in: It keeps asking me to put in my PIN on my laptop as a security question as I set up a pin which I put in and it keeps them saying incorrect if you can sort this issue for me...
  9. Cant login to Minecraft launcher because it asks for Windows Hello PIN, cant remember it or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant login to Minecraft launcher because it asks for Windows Hello PIN, cant remember it or...: Hello, My son tried to log in to Minecraft with my MS account(i gave him permission and he bought it), but the login page requires Windows Hello PIN which i cant remember or reset because its not...
  10. How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?: I gave my old Xbox to my nephew's family and set it up so they can use my gold/game pass benefits via Family settings. I want to set a content restriction to keep him out of maturer games but also...