Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please...

Discus and support Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a bunch of games that I’ve bought AND a bunch I got from games with gold over the last 8 years and ms asks me to verify ownership. For example... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xXN DOUBLE CXx, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please...

I have a bunch of games that I’ve bought AND a bunch I got from games with gold over the last 8 years and ms asks me to verify ownership. For example I’ve bought elder scrolls morrowind TWICE and now the console won’t let me play it again. And yes
    I’ve checked my order history and with ms on the phone. Games just disappear smfh. They basically told me to F off and buy them again. Considering switching to pc or PlayStation. Extremely unacceptable and this is theft, they’ve stolen over $500 from me. And
    no none of my games are shared nor did I buy them on a separate account. THIS IS THEFT AND THEY WONT FIX IT UNTIL PEOPLE MAKE AN ISSUE OF IT. They will just keep stealing peoples money until they get caught.

:)

xXN DOUBLE CXx, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Muthsera Win User

Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please upvote and make this issue known to them.

Yup same issue here. 😞 Sounds like it might be pretty widespread & is specific to Morrowind. I tried reinstalling but it was a weird reinstall (looked like I was buying the game again but wasnt charged - well I better not have been charged!!). I saw 2 versions
    in the store when i was trying to redownload neither resolved the issue. Not sure what is going on?

when I contacted Microsoft they referred me to Steam support?? Uhmmm. Hope this is resolved soon and that my save data is OK! Def an issue with Microsoft...

Sorry to hear about all your other issues and losing money due to nothing that is your fault. 😔
  3. xXN DOUBLE CXx Win User

Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please upvote and make this issue known to them.

Yeah i was trying to play morrowind and it just kept saying i dont own the game but have bought the game twice after the first purchase mysteriously disappeared. Theres probably $500 in games that theyve stolen from me before. Some i didnt get emails for,
    but the ones i do have email confirmations for that xbox says i dont own theyve just said “idk what to tell you we cant do anything just try buying them again.” And theyve said that on multiple calls about this issue
  4. Mister Mascot Win User

Constantly asked "do you own this game or app"

Hey there Johnfunun,

Generally this error will only happen if you're signed into a profile that either doesn't own the game digitally, or the game disc isn't inserted into the console. If you purchased the game digitally, you'll be able to see the purchase
    on commerce.microsoft.com. Can you please visit that website and share a screenshot of the purchase in your purchase history?

Thanks!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  5. smileskybird Win User

"Do you own this game or app?"

This has happened to me several times too.

1. Make sure if you've installed the game to an external HDD instead of your console internal storage, that the external HDD with the game on it, is connected to your Xbox One.

2. Ensure the game or app is up to date, and that it has fully been installed.

3. Ensure your console has the latest system update.

4. Restart your console and try again if the above don't work.

5. If the above don't work, contact Xbox Support, the official support agency Microsoft has delegated. Don't rely and wait for the reply of unofficial non Microsoft employee/support people to make a reply. Xbox Support since I've used it, is great. Although
    they're not perfect, it is the official support body from Microsoft. And Microsoft has quality control over Xbox Support and standards of what is expected from Xbox Support. Last time I contacted them, they sent me a feedback email for me to rate them on the
    service. In 2011 I rang them and they read of a script which was funny but kind of weird. But now they have chat so it's usually txt chat.
  6. WPAK Win User

do you own this game or app?

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that fails please check what happens when you set the console as Offline and try to start the game to see what happens.

Let us know the results
Thema:

Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please...

1. Xbox asking “Do you own this game or app?” Who else has this problem? If you do please... - Similar Threads - asking “Do own

2. What do I do if Minecraftlauncher is asking you to buy minecraft if you already bought it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What do I do if Minecraftlauncher is asking you to buy minecraft if you already bought it?: I had just bought minecraft on minecraft.net and when I download minecraftinstaller it tells me I have to buy minecraft again instead being able to download. I don't know what to do, I know the...
  3. How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ?: How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ? 678e92ff-9377-4733-b1f3-9e3a9194bcd1
  4. Virtual chat can’t help and virtual service to ask for a call is down so how do I get an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Virtual chat can’t help and virtual service to ask for a call is down so how do I get an...: I soft reset my Xbox one, when I logged back in it gave my 360 profile not the profile I was playing on for 3 years . So now my profile is in the cloud I can go to it as a friend but I don’t know...
  5. Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...: Why can't I play fallout 76 a923d6b0-3d69-4230-8a4e-e20a48921a84
  6. I got banned cause i asked for a 2v2 can someone do anything about this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned cause i asked for a 2v2 can someone do anything about this?: [img] I got banned caused I asked fo a 2v2 and I got a strike I didn't do anything it's really dumb that they banned me for that I shouldn't have gotten banned for this...
  7. Hello, I need to ask, how the hell do i send an email to DICE or EA or something that i can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I need to ask, how the hell do i send an email to DICE or EA or something that i can...: I really need to send an important email [move from Outlook / Outlook for Windows / For business] d6d9e8af-29c3-4847-945f-8578891ca237
  8. good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a...: good day, today I bought an xbox 360 but I can't do anything because it asks me for a family code but I don't have that code and they don't know it either can you help me...
  9. I've asked this before but got no answer so I'll ask again. How do I remove someone from my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I've asked this before but got no answer so I'll ask again. How do I remove someone from my...: I've already blocked them but they keep appearing in my followers list. 3a2b000a-65ec-4241-a3a1-be4064b04006
  10. Good morning can I please ask how do I setup my network to ipv6 on Xbox series s and also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Good morning can I please ask how do I setup my network to ipv6 on Xbox series s and also...: Good morning can I please ask how do I setup my network to ipv6 on Xbox series s and also how do I setup matchmaking work fast on my network? e09c189e-8cd3-4db2-be24-53e8f8bae09a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do you own this game or app