Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC

Discus and support Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Went to open my xbox app today and it immediately gives me an error about an update failing, I hit "try again" and it just stays at 0% forever. I also... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jakeg676, May 19, 2024.

1. Jakeg676
    Jakeg676 Guest

Went to open my xbox app today and it immediately gives me an error about an update failing, I hit "try again" and it just stays at 0% forever. I also can't sign into game bar, it just gets stuck on "signing in". I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but no dice. Any suggestions?

:)

Jakeg676, May 19, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jakeg676, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, first, check your time settings, and set it to automatic.

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Time & language > Date & time > Enable "Set Timezone Automatically" and "Set Time Automatically".

[​IMG]

Afterward, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

[​IMG]

Then, reset the Microsoft Store:

Press the Windows Key + R

Type WSReset.exe and press Enter.

[​IMG]

Next, check for app updates on the store:

With the Microsoft Store open, click on Library > Get Updates.

[​IMG]

After that, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool: https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved (Press "Y").

[​IMG]

Moving on from there, reset your network settings:

Please, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + X > Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced Network Settings > Network Reset > Reset Now.

[​IMG]

Let me know if it works!

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  3. BlinkyBear9905 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of issues with the Xbox App lately. Every time I restart my PC the app is broken, it won't launch unless I reinstall it. The problem is that if I was downloading a game before reinstalling the app, the game won't launch when finished downloading.

You can add to that various crashs with other game store apps since the last Windows 10 update and freezes during a restart of the PC.

Is there anybody with the same problems ?

Thanks guys.

PS. : My PC is perfectly up to date
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Forza Lego expansion not on xbox screen

My game did, however if you go into My games and apps on the Xbox and check in the updates section there. Also if you launch Forza and it requires an update the game won't launch but will then start the update.
  5. Zero420override Win User

Xbox app for PC won't Launch

6. MoO Caboose Win User

Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

I have tried all these steps and the Xbox app and Microsoft store still won't let me launch any game that uses it to launch, the troubeshooter said it detected an issue like it did before, I went to check for windows update, said it needed a restart so I did, still won't work at all. Did everything listed above and more and the Xbox app and Microsoft store still refuse to launch any game that uses them to launch, even something simple as hell that is almost as old than I am, Wolfenstein 3D won't even launch or run, and I mean no loading wheel, nothing, you click launch and it still does nothing. Oh let me add to that, that even though I restarted the pc, the troubleshooter still says there is an issue and it "was fixed" even though no matter what, it was not fixed and its not a windows update issue as I checked and it said it was fine. Nothing fixes it, there is no update, there is no discernable issue, it doesn't even bother to tell me what the issue is, when I check for updates it says it is fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox App Won't Update/Launch on PC - Similar Threads - App Won't Update

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  4. Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't it log me in on Xbox app?: So yesterday I downloaded the Xbox app hoping to connect with friends, download game, etc. But when I clicked sign in I pressed my account then continue, as it normally should. I was put back into...
  5. Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't the xbox app update properly when launched?: I can't load the Xbox App for PC. It will launch, try to do an update, then just say sorry something went wrong. with the error code: 0x80070426. b5278f38-e428-4d88-a5fd-95d065a39f4a
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  8. Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't launch after the latest update.: The Xbox app won't launch after the latest update. When I try to open the Xbox app, the Xbox app window appears for 1 second and closes. If I restore the Windows system to an earlier restore...
  9. Xbox series x won't update or install games or apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won't update or install games or apps: Since few days ago my Xbox series x won't update or install any game or apps. It start the download and after few seconds "installazione arrestata"...all of the times. I tryed to restart the...
  10. Ark updated on my console but won't update through the Xbox app on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark updated on my console but won't update through the Xbox app on my PC: I have tried the following Checking for updates through the Microsoft Store instead of the Xbox app Deleting the Xbox app and redownloading it Deleting Gaming Services and redownloading it...