Xbox app won't start

Discus and support Xbox app won't start in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, For a few weeks now I've been having problems launching the Xbox app on windows 10. The problem: When I click on the app, the window opens for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ZeroMark, Jul 26, 2021.

1. ZeroMark
    ZeroMark Guest

Xbox app won't start

Hi,

For a few weeks now I've been having problems launching the Xbox app on windows 10.

The problem: When I click on the app, the window opens for about 3 seconds then closes. I get the logo, it pulses for a second then the window closes. There's nothing in the task manager.

Xbox app won't start [​IMG]

I have attempted the following to fix:

- Repair the xbox app

- Reinstall the xbox app

- Reinstall it from the launcher on the xbox app website

- Reinstall from the MS Store app

- Updated windows to the latest version

- Repair the MS Store app

- Reinstall the MS store app

- Ran the wsreset command

- Powershell in admin, with a bunch of commands from a number of guides on how to fix this issue.

- Checked my gamepass subscription and that's all good.

- Went to services and checked that all xbox services were running

Anyway, it was working perfectly before, not sure what has changed on my system or the app, but pretty close to cancelling my sub as I can't use it.

Anyone know something else I can try?

:)

ZeroMark, Jul 26, 2021
  2. ZeroMark Win User

Xbox app won't start

I tried solution one but that wasn't successful.

I did, however, do the windows repair (solution 2) and that worked. The app worked immediately after repair.
  3. ZeroMark Win User

Xbox app won't start

Thanks, I'll try running sfc and see if anything comes up.

In ref to the sub, I meant Game Pass. I'm effectively paying for something I can't get access to via the app. That was all.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox app won't start

Hello, how are you? My name is Matthew. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try to carry out the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Try to perform a clean boot in Windows, for that follow the instructions offered by Microsoft in the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

Solution 2:

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Hope this works for you.
  5. trollsbox Win User

Xbox won't start apps or settings

Try this and see if it helps any. Go into settings, power options and switch from instant on to power save mode.

After you switch to power save mode shut it down then start it up. Your cache is full, instant on wont clear it. If you cant access the powe setting to switch hold power on the console 8 sec to hard reset it.
  6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

TuneIn app buggy as all hell

Thema:

Xbox app won't start

1. Xbox app won't start - Similar Threads - app won't start

2. My Xbox app won't start on my Windows 11 PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app won't start on my Windows 11 PC.: It has worked in the past but won't load past the initial Xbox logo and closes the program after a minute or two. I have tried repairing, resetting and reinstalling the Xbox app and the game...
  3. MSFS2020 Won't start when I press play in the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 Won't start when I press play in the Xbox app.: I’ve just installed MSFS2020 to play again, but when I tried to open the sim, it didn’t start. I have tried multiple methods to fix this issue, but none of them have worked. Back when I used to...
  4. Xbox for PC App Won't Start or Let me Install Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox for PC App Won't Start or Let me Install Games: I've tried searching the forums but haven't found anything yet. I'm running into 2 specific problems with my Xbox for PC app. Xbox App Won't Start I click the icon and it shows the black splash...
  5. Xbox app downloads won't start on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app downloads won't start on PC: Xbox app downloads won't start on PC. Hellow. With Xbox support, we've tried every possible option, but nothing seems to work. I have Win 11, Ultimate subscriptionI can't download games through...
  6. Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart...

in XBoX on Windows
    Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart...: Every time I start up my computer, the Xbox app party function won't work until I restart the computer. I do not have the app automatically launch at start up, which is a setting I choose with all...
  7. Xbox App (PC) ver. 2004.2000.57.0 - Streets of Rage 4 won't start

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App (PC) ver. 2004.2000.57.0 - Streets of Rage 4 won't start: Game Pass Ultimate Germany Windows 10 ver. 19041.208 Xbox App (Beta) ver. 2004.2000.57.0 Downloaded and installed the game successfully. When trying to play, it opens the game window, won't...
  8. Xbox Console Companion App Won't Start and freezes PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console Companion App Won't Start and freezes PC: Hello all, I've got two different notebook computers (one Dell and other Asus) and the Xbox Console Companion App simply doesn't work on any of them. It used to work on my Asus one, but now it...
  9. Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won't launch from Xbox App or Start Menu: When I click "Play" in the Xbox App nothing happens. If I try to launch two different games from the Start Menu it just opens this store page: [img] I've tried all the steps in the FAQ:...
  10. Gears Of War 4 (Windows 10 App) won't start after a few days (closes without error)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears Of War 4 (Windows 10 App) won't start after a few days (closes without error): Hi guys! I read about many people having problems with the download of Gears Of War 4, but that isn't an issue for me. What's happening is that my app won't start after a few days. The screen...