Xbox app wont load for PC?

Discus and support Xbox app wont load for PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc via microsoft store AND xbox installer and neither worked. I have done all the remedies i can find online... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Connor Bleeker, Aug 1, 2023.

1. Xbox app wont load for PC?

Been trying to launch the Xbox app on my pc via microsoft store AND xbox installer and neither worked. I have done all the remedies i can find online and nothing works like repairing or restarting. Please help me i just spend 25 dollars on a game and cant get into the app to play it.

:)

Connor Bleeker, Aug 1, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

How do I manually install the Xbox app?

Press Windows then type Microsoft Store and open the top result.

Input Xbox inside the search bar at the top of the window, press Enter then click the Get button next to the Xbox app result.

Obviously, this method will only work if the store is also working as intended. However, if the Microsoft Store won’t download anything, you might need to perform an in-place upgrade.

To do that, go to the Windows 11 download page and select the multi-edition ISO.

Use the Mount option, select Setup.exe, and follow the prompts to install.

Don’t forget to check the boxes allowing you to keep both your personal files and your apps.

A lot of users also reported that the Xbox app keeps closing in Windows 10. We have an excellent guide dedicated to fixing Xbox app closing issues.

As was the case with solution #1, you’ll have to keep in mind that, deleting the cache will remove any saved information from the MS Store, including login credentials, payments, etc.

Some of our readers also suggested changing the Windows region from Settings to the United States and reset the Microsoft Store service before downloading and installing the Xbox app so you should try that too.
  3. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter

Click on the Start button and select Settings.

Now click on Update & security.

Select Troubleshoot from the left pane, and then click on Additional troubleshooters from the right pane.

Scroll down until you find Windows Store Apps, click on it, and select the Run the troubleshooter button

Follow the steps to carry on the troubleshooting process. The Xbox app not working on PC issue will be fixed.

Like any app, the Xbox one is prone to regular problems, but you can fix them by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter as shown in the steps above
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Run the License Service Script

Open Notepad.

Paste the following text into Notepad:echo offnet stop clipsvcif “%1″==”” ( echo ==== BACKING UP LOCAL LICENSES move %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.dat %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.bak )if “%1″==”recover” ( echo ==== RECOVERING LICENSES FROM BACKUP copy %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.bak %windir%serviceprofileslocalserviceappdatalocalmicrosoftclipsvctokens.dat )net start clipsvc

Save the file as license.bat.

Execute the script.

The script will uninstall the app, so head over to the Microsoft Store, and reacquire Xbox app.

This script was introduced in Windows 10 Technical Preview when users had problems running certain Windows 10 apps.

Expert tip:

SPONSORED

Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to missing or corrupted system files and repositories of your Windows.
    Be sure to use a dedicated tool, such as Fortect, which will scan and replace your broken files with their fresh versions from its repository.

You could give it a try, it won’t hurt. Now, should you need more information, we helped diagnosed and fix a similar problem with the Xbox app not opening on Windows 10.

You could also try refreshing the Client License Service. In this case, you’ll need to download the ClipSVC.reg file on your PC, double-click it and allow it to merge with the one already running.

A restart should suffice to make it work again.
  5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Check for the latest Windows updates

Click the Start button and select Settings.

Pick Update & Security to open the Windows Update window.

Click the Check for updates button and wait a few seconds to see if there are any new ones.

If there are, click on Install now. The Xbox app won’t install on the D drive issue will be solved afterward.

Not having the latest Windows updates installed can cause problems with the installation or run of any apps, so this is an important step to take.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Clear the Microsoft Store cache

Press Windows + R to launch Run, type wsreset.exe, and hit Enter.

Once the reset process is finished, restart your PC and then check if the Windows Store App works as it should.

The Xbox App depends on the Microsoft Store App to run properly. So, if there is something wrong with the Store app, many apps won’t launch or won’t download anything.

In this case, resetting the Store cache can fix the problem, so make sure you do that by following the steps above.
Thema:

1. Xbox app wont load for PC? - Similar Threads - app wont load

2. my xbox app wont load

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox app wont load: it will just freeze on the loading screen every time i load it up i have tried everything like repairing it and resetting it nothing has worked can someone please help me it would be very...
  3. why wont my xbox app load ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why wont my xbox app load ?: I tried many "solutions" but none have worked i tried loading it up but it stuck on the Xbox loading screen just want to play forza 5 please help or get me refunded for the games!...
  4. My xbox app wont load nothing of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app wont load nothing of my games: In settings it says the was a problem loading installation locations try again and i tru resetting things and works 76e2681c-06cd-4591-8457-244d720af297
  5. WO LONG wont load the save files and app gets not responding.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WO LONG wont load the save files and app gets not responding.: I recently formatted my machine and save files were gone. I hoped the saves could be their on cloud but the now Wo Long game doesn't go past the save feature. it is just stuck their. Need save...
  6. Companion App wont load

in XBoX on Windows
    Companion App wont load: This just happened all of a sudden. I cannot log into my companion app it just loads for eternity... beta app shows my account but I cannot "sign in" nothing launches or loads when I click sign...
  7. Xbox App for PC wont load my subscriptions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App for PC wont load my subscriptions: So the Xbox App for PC wont load my subscriptions making it impossible for me to download and play any game pass titles. 1eab31de-e219-4b93-90d5-4be48db1e361
  8. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video app wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and Amazon Prime Video app wont load: Anyone else having this issue? Started two days ago and it just says give it minute and if that doesn’t work restart the Xbox. Seems odd that both apps went down at the same time. They both work...
  9. Xbox App beta and Companion App wont Load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App beta and Companion App wont Load: Xbox app just loads forever and nothing happens. Companion app just wont sign in and says I have no internet which I do. Ive tried all kinds of resetting and reinstalling. Help. Im locked out of...
  10. Xbox Avatar App wont load on my profile, works on all other profiles...even wont load on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Avatar App wont load on my profile, works on all other profiles...even wont load on PC: I'm at my wits end with this....i haven't been able to load the avatar app since November. All it does its load for about 3 minutes then tell me it couldn't load my avatar, that something went...