Xbox app won't let me sign into the correct account

Discus and support Xbox app won't let me sign into the correct account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an Xbox account and it's my main one with everything on it BUT I also have other accounts just ones my siblings can play on so they don't ruin... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by l0vel1v, Nov 21, 2023.

1. l0vel1v
    l0vel1v Guest

I have an Xbox account and it's my main one with everything on it BUT I also have other accounts just ones my siblings can play on so they don't ruin my actual account. But the problem is when I get onto Xbox app to sign into the account that's mine, it signs into a completely different account and I don't know what the problem is. This same account signs in perfectly fine when I'm actually on my Xbox but the problem is I don't know why it won't work with Xbox app now.

:)

l0vel1v, Nov 21, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi l0vel1v,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We understand that you need help with signing in on your Xbox app that it won't work.

Here are the troubleshooting steps:

1. Try signing out of the Xbox app and signing back in.

2. If the issue persists, try resetting the Xbox app by going to "Settings" > "Apps" > "Apps & features" > "Xbox" > "Advanced options" > "Reset."
    3. Try resetting the Microsoft Store app by going to "Settings" > "Apps" > "Apps & features" > "Xbox" > "Advanced options" > Terminate, Repair and Reset

4. Reset the Microsoft Store cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Learn more: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this will help you. We look forward for your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Alric1122 Win User

Can't sign in on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

for me the xbox beta PC app will open and when I click sign in, it signs me in with the correct account, and then I close the pop up window and the app is not signed in. I can hover over the sign in drop down and do it 500 times but it never actually lets
    me sign in.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Why Cant i find the Games i bought on my PC?

Thank you so much for letting me know.

We just need to make sure that you're signed in under the correct Microsoft account. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and then locate the transaction for the game Forza Horizon 5. Once confirmed, sign out on your Microsoft Store App as well as Xbox App and then sign back in using the correct Microsoft account.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox app won't let me sign in

Hello Carlos Abdelmalik,

Thank you for letting us know that the prior solution did not help fix the issue. We do have other strategies to try.

Here are the few steps that we can try:

Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services:

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try signing in again.

Use Gaming Services Repair Tool:

• Launch the Xbox app for PC.
    • Click your Profile picture.
    • Click on Support.
    • Choose Gaming Services Repair Tool.
    • Click Start Troubleshooting

Clearing Xbox identity data:

- Open folder '%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker'

- Delete both subfolders in it

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. Carlos Abdelmalik Win User

Xbox app won't let me sign in

I did everything that you had recommended and it still dint work and I don't know what else to do. If I could have more help, I'd appreciate that. Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox app won't let me sign into the correct account - Similar Threads - app won't let

2. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  3. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  4. Won't let me format for games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me format for games and apps: I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the...
  5. Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.

in XboX Insiders
    Storage management is broken and won't let me reinstall apps that were moved and deleted.: I just got a 8TB Samsung SSD 870 QVO. Initially it seemed to work. After formatting to NTFS on my PC, I attached it via USB 3 cable and my Series X|S asked me to format it to games. It did that....
  6. Xbox app won't let me select my D drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me select my D drive: I can see my D drive but it won't let me change my download location to my D drive. It used to let me do that but i don't know why it won't anymore. 040c6872-a0af-40f3-b048-a1f137ab5a9d
  7. It won't let me use my Pin on the Xbox app (mobile)

in XBoX on Windows
    It won't let me use my Pin on the Xbox app (mobile): I've been trying to set up my Xbox for quite some time now, my main issue is when I use my 6 digit pin to set up my Xbox one, i get this error to try again. I've tried doing remote features and it...
  8. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  9. My xbox app won't let me log in

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox app won't let me log in: Recently my Xbox app logged me out and I wanted to log in again, when I press the login button nothing happens, only it shows something like the app refreshed. I've checked the services and...
  10. Xbox App on PC won't let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on PC won't let me sign in: Every time I try to sign in to the xbox app on my PC, it tells me my microsoft account does not exist. Which I don't understand because it's the account I've been using for my xbox 360 and xbox...