Xbox app/windows 10 doesnt work

Discus and support Xbox app/windows 10 doesnt work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday i reset my pc due to getting a new SSD and of course i started to install all my games again. I love dbd so i installed that right away to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RLG Swerv, Aug 28, 2023.

1. RLG Swerv
    RLG Swerv Guest

Yesterday i reset my pc due to getting a new SSD and of course i started to install all my games again. I love dbd so i installed that right away to add some context as to why i think this issue has happened is because i installed dbd on my external hard drive which i forgot i did but when i tried to install it. It let me which created two dbd applications on my pc i uninstalled it quickly after and than a frowny face appeared where the "install button" exist i managed to install using Microsoft store but whenever i open the game i get a error "DeadByDaylight-WinGDK-Shipping.exe - Application Error" "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) click OK to close the application" THING I HAVE TRIED: updating windows, uninstalling dbd reinstalling, uninstalling xbox app reinstalling, reset/repair both dbd and xbox app in "apps & features", uninstalling and reinstalling "gaming services", signed out of xbox app signed back in. i dont know what to do anymore please if anyone can help i would be so thankful

EDIT: i reset my pc and tried to see if it works to no avail still getting the frowny face but i noticed after resetting my pc the first time that windows updates wont update "Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2 Failed to install on ‎28/‎08/‎2023 - 0x80242016" and "Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.2001.10) failed to install on ‎28/‎08/‎2023 - 0x80240017" so i think thats why dbd isnt working but i have no clue

:)

RLG Swerv, Aug 28, 2023
  2. matteocapu Win User

Xbox App (Beta) Windows 10 Login doesnt work

The windows 10 reinstall option uninstall third party software so id like to avoid that for now...

So for a recap of the problem,This is the error in the Companion app:

[​IMG]

And this is the error in Xbox App, the Accedi (Login) button doesnt respond, i could click it a thousand times per second:

[​IMG]

So its obvious that the xbox live service cant connect and that is reflected in all the app that tries to use that.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

So Windows 10 has an option to reinstall while maintaining your files and settings.

Following the steps here follows that process but allows you to keep everything.
    That might help with the situation. I've done it before, and particularly on older devices and computers I was using to test across multiple devices, and had no issues performing
    that reset while not loosing any data or setting options.

Sticking with the original issue; if you're not seeing Gaming Services appear in the app list like so:

[​IMG]

Then that makes me believe that you might not have the latest version of Windows installed, and I would recommend that you check Updates & Security for latest Windows Update.

Under Settings > System > About it should be on version 1903

[​IMG]
  4. matteocapu Win User

So I downloaded the companion app and it says "Impossible to LogIn now. Try later (0x406)"
  5. HerrFloppy Win User

Thank you for your response! Maybe I'll try the mentioned option to reinstall Windows 10.

I have the latest 1903 version.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

It might not just be Windows, it might be the store as well, so after checking for system updates, open up the Microsoft Store, click the three dots in the top right corner, and select Downloads and Updates. From there you can click "Get updates" and
    check if there are updates to apps available, like Xbox (Beta), Gaming Services, or the Xbox Console Companion.
Thema:

1. Xbox app/windows 10 doesnt work - Similar Threads - app windows doesnt

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my ext drive: Hello, Xbox app. for windows doesnt see my external but my ext drives his format ntsfd (see my pict) [img] [img] 9202c5de-e069-4ecd-85cb-e52ceb507a5d