Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

Discus and support Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me "There was a problem... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CowJaded6610, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

Hello

Suddenly the Xbox app is not working anymore. It can't load the game list and when I try to change folders it tells me

"There was a problem loading installation locations. Try gain.

Microsoft was unable to help, they told me to reinstall windows, which is not an option.

I've tried to repair, reset, reinstall, even the Game Services, but no luck.

Any help?

submitted by /u/CowJaded6610
    [link] [comments]

/u/CowJaded6610, Jun 13, 2023
  2. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

File system error (-2015294512) Among Us

Hello Zach.1,

The Xbox app was updated and now allows you to create folders and location on where you want to install your games and easily access the files. May I suggest that you

1. Open Xbox app
    2. Click on your profile icon and go to settings
    3. Then General
    4. Game install options
    5. Then change folder and choose a different location or drive and name the folder "GameTest"
    Then attempt to install the game and see if you have any issues. If the problem is fixed by doing that, then going forward you can install your games to that folder and location.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the WindowsApps folder.

Hi Zephire14! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Apps are required to be in that folder in order to work and in any drive you want to install games the folder will be created to install the games, if you wanna modify the files in the folder you have to take ownership of the folder, you can do that following this steps
    That's going to be changing very soon. In fact, users can easily sign up to be an insider for the Xbox App and test out the new up-coming installation features that will eventually be available to all users by default.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows

Without enabling the advanced install features, the default install folder is the encrypted 'WindowsApps' folder. This folder is encrypted and protected, changing the ownership will have no effect on this.

The insiders advanced features option can install supported games to any directory, and unlike the WindowsApps folder, these directories are not protected. Supported games are ones where 'Administration approval required for installation' is listed on the download screen.
  4. Richard Kerslake Win User

Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

Gaming services is not showing in the installed apps, and the gaming services is not listed in the services,

The folder was present so I deleted the accounts and cache folders and tried the Xbox app again but I was unable to download gaming services still.
  5. Sagaroth Win User

How do I make a custom install folder for Game Pass PC games?

Hey
    SamLightfoot

There is no possibility to change the GamePass games folder because this folder is encrypted as soon as a game is installed (it is the WindowsApp default folder).

However, you can change the drive on which a game is located by clicking on "Move" when you select it in the Windows Apps list.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

How do you find the Game files for games installed on the Gamepass on PC

If you're using the app in it's current form, most games can't be accessed as they install to an encrypted folder. There are some titles that install to the modifiableWindowsApps folder. These games are generally able to support mods.

The way PC games install on the app is going to be changing soon

When these changes have been completed, it should be possible to install most if not all titles to any folder you want and have full access to the files. It's possible to test this now by becoming an insider. Full instructions here.

Just be aware, there are some known issues at the moment.
Thema:

Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes

1. Xbox App (Win11) stopped loading game list, can't change install folder, freezes - Similar Threads - App Win11 stopped

2. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  3. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  4. Need Help with xbox windows app on win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Help with xbox windows app on win11: When i try to buy a game on the xbox app store, specifically on the windows 11 one. i get a "We weren't able to load all options. Close the app, then try again." i restarted my pc and the app...
  5. xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app and other win11 apps crashing on startup: any xbox related windows apps like the xbox app and games installed through it crash instantly when i open them 8fba352d-d8fc-4a33-8564-1047c3c736e2
  6. Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Win11 no longer installs games that require administrative approval: The Xbox app on Win 11 is no longer able to install games that require administrator approval. When a game is selected for install, it just sits at 0% downloaded. A few months ago, it was able to...
  7. Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app win11 with free pass, downloading error 0x8: Xbox app on windows 11, Lenovo ideapad gaming laptop. A free pass for games but none is downloading. Stops about 1 third into downloading with the same error every time. Solutions that didn’t...
  8. Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sound on dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app....: The sound on our dell win11 chrome laptop cuts out every time we open the ms casual card games app that we subscribed to. The sound can be from a tv app, wav files or any web site including...
  9. In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions

in XBoX on Consoles
    In win11, the xbox app setting game installation location cannot select some partitions: Xbox version 2211.1001.24.0 Game service version 8.71.8001.0 Xbox Game Bar version 5.822.10271.0 [img] w I can only choose the disk partition as shown above↑,BUT! I do have an I drive。↓...
  10. Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app streaming from the console does not work, old console companion works ok, Win11: Hi, Windows 11 Xbox app streaming from the XBOX one console does not work, "old" console companion works perfectly although can accept only medium stream. Just get a black screen when connecting...