xbox app will not open on my windows 10 machine

Discus and support xbox app will not open on my windows 10 machine in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I cannot open the Xbox app on my windows 10 machine. I have tried all of the steps suggested throughout the community. None of them get me past the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kevin Eilola, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Kevin Eilola
    Kevin Eilola Guest

I cannot open the Xbox app on my windows 10 machine.

I have tried all of the steps suggested throughout the community. None of them get me past the black screen with the Xbox logo in the center.

I reached out to Xbox for support since the app would not open. Their response to me was that it is a windows issue. Since the app isn't running, it is not an app related issue.

I have contacted Microsoft through the support channels. I did some online chatting. The tech remotely took my pc, did all of the same steps that I performed with no success. He then downloaded the file to reboot my copy of windows so I would not lose any information. This did not work. I have uninstalled, repaired and repeated multiple times.

I have tried to contact support again and after 90 minutes of waiting, it seems that my support ticket just times out.

I was doing all of this through my sons account since this is his computer.

I then decided to try and do it under my account since i am the family administrator. I am having the exact same issue.

I would love to here some other methods that people are using.

I've refreshed windows

I have updated windows and the apps.

I've repaired/uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app multiple times.

I've done the same to the gaming services app.

The date and time of the machine are linked with windows. I am in the correct time zone.

What else is there?

Thanks in advance. I see multiple threads having the same issue.

:)

Kevin Eilola, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Kevin, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Remember that this is a possible solution, if it doesn't work for you we can try another one.

I'm very sorry for the problem you're going through, you've already tried logging in from another computer and trying again on the one you always use, it usually works and the error disappears.

I hope everything can be resolved, I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Game Bar

open apps and features under settings, locate gamebar and uninstall. once done restart your machine, then open the windows store and search for gamebar and install, restart machine again when done.
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Can't install Games from Game Pass

5. KeepIslands Win User

Can not get Xbox app to load on my second computer using a different windows log in

Xbox app is requesting I purchase another live service. Windows 11

I went into my browser logged in to the live website. Did a second factor verification. Then re opened the app and it said my windows log in did not match my live log in and showed I needed to purchase the Xbox service.

I previously had the Xbox app working on both my living room computer and the game room computer. Both computers have a different log in for windows as they are completely different machines.
  6. ripperzip Win User

elite controller trigger swap

I do have a windows 10 machine, The original windows 10 app didn't swap triggers, however there was an update and after that I was able to swap triggers. thanks for the info I appreciate all the good features that you are adding to the Xbox one / windows
    10 experience - keep up the good work and again thanks for the help
Thema:

1. xbox app will not open on my windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - app open windows

2. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  3. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today: As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on f4c1b286-3e6d-4d23-babd-4a9ae7cb69a0
  4. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  5. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  6. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  7. Xbox App does not open ( PC/Windows )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App does not open ( PC/Windows ): Hey! My Xbox app has had this problem for the longest time now and i still cant fix it. When I open the app it just loads forever and never actually opens. I have tried a lot of solutions but none...
  8. My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...: My Xbox app opens into a black screen with a white Xbox logo loading screen. I have left it loading for hours and it doesn't open. The app used to work fine, until this happened. I cannot access...
  9. The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open.: The sign in window on the Windows Xbox App won't open so I can't even sign in. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my pc, checked FAQs. An error message doesn't show up and it's...
  10. Unable to open the Xbox App on Window

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to open the Xbox App on Window: Hi Folks, I'm currently unable to open the Xbox App on Windows. It was working fine a few weeks ago, but when I tried to open it today, it will not launch. The application appears to be running...