Xbox app stuck on startup, can anyone help?

Discus and support Xbox app stuck on startup, can anyone help? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my xbox app is stuck on startup. I'm using the latest version of windows 10. The app is stuck on the pulsating white xbox logo on a black... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikab010, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Mikab010
    Mikab010 Guest

Hi, my xbox app is stuck on startup. I'm using the latest version of windows 10. The app is stuck on the pulsating white xbox logo on a black background. I have waited for at least 30 minutes multiple times but to no succes.

What I've tried so far:

1. Restarting pc.

2. Reinstalling the app.

3. Deleting the cache by running wsreset.

4. Reenabling xbox services starting from startup.

5. Running various tips and tricks found online.

Help would be much appreciated,

Mika

:)

Mikab010, Oct 14, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, and I am happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query, which includes some that you have already tried and more:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

You can also look at getting your Windows reset. Resetting your PC lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.

For more details on how to give your PC a fresh start, kindly visit: https://support.microsoft.com/windo...gs > Update,Restore preinstalled apps? to No.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

XBOX app stuck on logo on startup

Hi Thia B, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm very sorry that you are going through this problem, I was just in a Microsoft thread where a user presented the same problem and the moderator named Geri M published several solutions to solve said problem with the Xbox App.

We would also like to suggest you follow the steps below. If you have done some of the steps below, you can skip them:

Step 1: Sign out of all accounts signed in on your PC, including the one you're trying to sign in to in your Xbox app.

Step 2: Run the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the Run Troubleshooter button at this link. This process will check and resolve common problems with applications on your PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4027498/windows-10-run-the-troubleshooter-for-apps

Step 3: Click this link for steps to perform a clean boot. This process will start Windows using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or update, or when you run a program in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Step 4: Restart Windows Store to clear the Store cache.
    - Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    - Click Command Prompt (Admin).
    - Type wsreset.exe and then press Enter.

Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app to update it.
    - Click Start and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    - Right click and then select Run as administrator.
    - Type the following command to uninstall the Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    - Press enter.
    - Launch the Windows Store and download the Xbox app.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2157b3c5-0fd9-4122-b9dd-6d563dad10ab

Once this is done, try signing in to your account again on your Xbox app and see if the same issue occurs. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be happy to help you again.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  4. cmc94 Win User

Flight Simulator keeps telling me to press any key. Can't log into Xbox Live. Back to FS. Infinite loop!!!

Hi All,

Just found a solution over at Forums.flightsimulator (link below) that worked for me as this started happening to me for the last few weeks.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/at-msfs-startup-stuck-in-xbox-logon-screen/446708

In short, sign out of Microsoft store app and the Xbox App then restart your computer. Once you've done this re-log into the Xbox app and fire up MSFS..bingo, that worked for me.

Hope this helps!
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Xbox full screen ad on start up of console

Hello ForgedEnigma, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Don't worry, I understand your frustration. Here are some steps you can follow to disable these ads:

Turn off “Automatically start the app on startup”: Go to Home, find the Xbox app, and click it. Click the Profile/Sign in menu item at the top left of the screen. Then click Settings. Click General in the left panel. Then uncheck the “Automatically start the app on startup” option in Startup Settings.

Turn off “Run at Startup/Xbox App Services”: Click Start and search for the Xbox app (typing “xb” is usually sufficient). Right-click on the Xbox app item. From the right-click menu, select Application Settings. Disable the "Run at startup/Xbox App Services" setting.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  6. xStarscream73x Win User

Black Screen of Death

Hey Horse Feather!

The
    System Update Troubleshooter
    has steps that can help - from the first page, select "I need to troubleshoot a system update error", then select which Xbox One model you're using (original, S, or X), and then select the "I am experiencing a startup issue"
    option.

Give that a shot, and let us know if you see any improvement!
    The scenarios described are stuck on green Xbox startup animation, or no green startup animation where my issue is green startup animation transitioning to black screen.
Thema:

1. Xbox app stuck on startup, can anyone help? - Similar Threads - app stuck startup

2. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  3. xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc): whenever i try to join a voice chat with my friends it gets stuck on connecting and i cannot join i have tried many fixes but none of them work any suggestions? submitted by /u/Krazykayra...
  4. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  5. xbox app stucking screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app stucking screen: hi I'm having a game pass issue in Xbox app in pc that the loading screen keep loading for ever and never load , I tried a lot of methods ef477594-0df6-40c0-b4e4-98155079b958
  6. Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC App Stuck on Updating Screen: The Xbox PC app won't load and is stuck on an updating screen that never makes any progress. It just says "launching the Xbox App". I've tried uninstalling the app, resetting and repairing and...
  7. Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Nier Automata Xbox PC app, download stuck at 57% and I'm not the only one with this problem.: Randomly this problem appears, Xbox pc app app sometimes works, other times it doesn't, for no reason. Resetting, reinstalling, doesn't solve nothing, following useless guides doesn't solve...
  8. Xbox app stuck on launching for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app stuck on launching for PC: I've looked everywhere for fixes for this and none of them work. Here is the list of things I have tried, all of which either seem to do nothing or make the app stuck on updating 100% for hours....
  9. Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app on PC is not opening anymore. Is stuck on startup screen before crashing...: I've tried scanning and repairing the xbox app, deleting and attempting to reinstall everything. I am stuck on the same issue. Any suggestions? 5f814e40-c1c6-4216-8b3a-47848fba451d
  10. XBOX app stuck on logo on startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX app stuck on logo on startup: Hello! Recently, i have been trying to download minecraft, and for it i also need the XBOX app. I currently have Windows 10. Everytime i start up the XBOX app form microsoft store, it just freezes...