Xbox App simply won't install

Discus and support Xbox App simply won't install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been going crazy trying to install the Xbox app, and get gamepass on PC afterwards. I had it before on my older PC - I got a new PC this summer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Radu Laur, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Radu Laur
    Radu Laur Guest

I have been going crazy trying to install the Xbox app, and get gamepass on PC afterwards. I had it before on my older PC - I got a new PC this summer and never bothered with installing gamepass until now.

Everytime I try to install it, it simply will not let me and show the error in the image attached.

I have tried everything I could find for the last couple of hours - restarting the PC multiple times, removing app packages in powershell, reinstalling the store, clearing cache, running sfc, restarting services. Nothing works. Not only that but I think it broke something and now I cannot even check for updates or if there are windows updates, the service won't work - I cannot do a windows install, I have work on this PC and cannot afford to lose anything, even by mistake, or have my employer scold me for having to reinstall files.

Is there not an offline installer for the app? And after it is installed, to link it to the account somehow? Checking the store page, it seems everyone has the same issues very often.

I welcome any sort of solution or clue as to how I can fix this...I just wanna get a game or 2 in holiday.

:)

Radu Laur, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Radu,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Radu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with installing the Xbox app on your PC. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Unfortunately, there is no offline installer for the Xbox app. You need to install it from the Microsoft Store and sign in with your Microsoft account to access Game Pass. The error you are seeing in the image is usually caused by a corrupted or outdated Windows system. Since you cannot check for updates or do a Windows install, I suggest you try the following steps:

- Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. This tool can help fix common problems with Windows Update.
    Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

- Reset the Microsoft Store cache.

This can help resolve issues with installing or updating apps from the Store.

To do this, press the Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and press Enter. Wait for the command to finish and then restart your PC.

-Re-register the Microsoft Store app. This can help fix any issues with the app itself.

To do this, open PowerShell as an administrator and run this command: Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

-Reinstall Gaming Services:

• Open Windows PowerShell with admin rights:
      • Press the Start button, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select Run as administrator.
    • Run the following commands:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on the page that opens and select Yes when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
    • Restart your PC and try installing the game again.

- Update Device Drivers:

• Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause installation problems. Specifically, ensure your video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date.
    • Visit your computer manufacturer’s support website or the video card manufacturer’s website to update the drivers.

I hope one of these steps helps you successfully install the Xbox app and get Game Pass on your PC.
    Let me know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. VanBur3n Win User

rockstar is saying don't install both disks, just one

Simply won't install it then.
  5. Earxz Win User

How to restore Xbox Files that came with New Laptop

I believe that you can also simply re-install the xbox app from the store app as well
  6. Francia J. Win User

Why can't I re-install a game I've payed for and played

That's odd, can you please try using the Xbox App on your mobile device instead?

Simply launch the Xbox App and then search the game to install.
Thema:

1. Xbox App simply won't install - Similar Threads - App simply won't

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  9. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  10. (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working: As title states. After the last update on June 20. I'm unable to see anything on My Games & Apps or any search within the store. I just get the nonstop circle. Report has been sent. submitted by...