Xbox app>Settings>Game Install Options, not working correctly

Discus and support Xbox app>Settings>Game Install Options, not working correctly in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When i go into Game install Options in the settings of the Xbox App, I try to change the Drive where the app installs games by default to my 2nd drive.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by it's ok thnx, Oct 22, 2023.

1. it's ok thnx
    it's ok thnx Guest

When i go into Game install Options in the settings of the Xbox App, I try to change the Drive where the app installs games by default to my 2nd drive.

For some reason this keeps going back to the default first drive (the Windows installation drive); and when I look in Windows explorer I see it keeps placing an 'XboxGames' folder in the root of my first drive.

Why is the xbox app not keeping my setting for this as I want it?

:)

it's ok thnx, Oct 22, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Let's try these steps to see if we can fix the problem:

First, let's check that it is not a permissions issue: Make sure you have the necessary permissions to modify the installation drive and create folders on the desired drive. Check the drive's security settings and make sure your user account has the appropriate permissions.

If the above is not the problem, then let's try formatting the drive: Verify that the second drive is formatted correctly and is recognized by the operating system. If the drive has any issues or is not formatted correctly, the Xbox app may not use it as the default installation drive.

Check the Xbox app settings: Double-check your settings within the Xbox app to make sure you're saving changes correctly. After changing the default installation drive, be sure to click "Apply" or "Save" to ensure the settings are saved correctly.

Antivirus or security software interference: Some antivirus or security software may interfere with the settings of the Xbox app. Temporarily disable or whitelist the Xbox app in your security software to see if it resolves the issue.

Reinstall the Xbox app: If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app. This can help resolve possible software glitches or conflicts that may be causing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
  3. it's ok thnx đź“Ž Win User

Hi David, thanks for your reply.

I have two SSD's - C: Drive and E: Drive. I checked my ownership of C: Drive (the main Windows installation drive) for reference and it's owner is 'Trusted Installer'. I checked online and this appears to be correct as it should be. I checked the E: Drive (drive for games, and the drive I want to point the Xbox app to for installations), and its owner is 'SYSTEM'. I have a feeling that this isn't right and needs to be changed, but don't really know for sure.

I will follow this guide if I need also make E: Drive owner the 'Trusted installer' too. What do you recommend?:

https://windowsreport.com/take-ownership-folder-windows-11/
  4. VampyOcean1520 Win User

Youtube app

A mi me parece buena la app
    This is not the point, the problem is that it has no option to use filtering in the Xbox app, and the browser version does not work correctly. I recommend uninstalling the app, clearing the console cache and installing the app again, probably helps
  5. Mindstawm Win User

pc not showing only console

6. Jay LANSKY Win User

Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space

Okay, so, I took a different approach.

I went to the Xbox app, (after following your instructions) went to settings > general > game install options, and set "change where this app installs games by default" and set it to a disk with space.

I tried earlier, and it wouldn't work; i had to cancel the current installation and download it again for it to work.

Thank you so much, Ronnie!
Thema:

1. Xbox app>Settings>Game Install Options, not working correctly - Similar Threads - app>Settings>Game Install Options

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  5. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  6. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  7. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  8. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  9. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  10. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...: You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh Windows Install. Same Serial Number and...