Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it.

Discus and support Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games. I've uninstalled all my games to try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PvtDonutDJ88, Sep 22, 2023.

1. PvtDonutDJ88
    PvtDonutDJ88 Guest

Windows 10, with Steam, Epic Games, GOG, EA, Battlenet, Ubisoft, and the Xbox App installed, with various games.

I've uninstalled all my games to try and see what game it recognizes to no avail.

I've also tried following this tutorial:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-library/6c460902-28a4-424b-9e4b-c0c10aed1d51

And it gave me Minecraft and Solitaire all of sudden said installed (which weren't before).

After removing them, I still get the notification. I just want it to go away, and not have an unread notification evey time I open the Xbox App.

Here's a pic:

Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it. [​IMG]

:)

PvtDonutDJ88, Sep 22, 2023
  2. PvtDonutDJ88 Win User

I followed your instructions and after logging in again, I close out of the app and then re-open it and the notification comes back.

With both the reset and re-installing the app.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi PvtDonutDJ88!

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response as I have been out of office.

We truly appreciate your cooperation here. If that's the case, I would highly suggest you contact our live Microsoft support team for further assistance. As they will be able to provide you with more troubleshooting. To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi PvtDonutDJ88!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with the Xbox App. One possible solution is to try resetting the Xbox App. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Scroll down and find the Xbox app.

4. Click on the Xbox app and select Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

This should reset the Xbox App and hopefully resolve the issue. If the issue persists, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox App.

Please let us know how it goes. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings,

RodelioP.
  5. DIDNTseeUcoming Win User

Sleep Timer

Yes, the issue is that even if you set it to shut down after 1 hour of inactivity, the Xbox recognizes the open TV app as a running program so even though the TV is off with a sleep timer that app is open and Xbox recognizes that open app as activity so
    it will stay on for days and days regardless of what settings you have on your Xbox. Very frustrating!!! If the TV is off that is inactivity right??? With Xbox, no!!! I don't care what your doing, if the TV is off that is inactivity. Thus why I say add a
    sleep timer setting or change what Xbox views as inactivity.
  6. T4C000C4T Win User

Game Pass Ultimate Perks appear but dont work.

I'm having the same issue. As well as my Xbox app not truly recognizing I have a Game Pass subscription, with that none of my games will open.
Thema:

1. Xbox App says it recognized a game everytime I open it. - Similar Threads - App says recognized

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  4. Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update: I went to open Xbox to figure out why stardew valley wasn't signed in and it says that its updating and it's at 0% however it's been at 0% days and Microsoft store says it doesnt need an update,...
  5. Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show: I’m trying to install the dolphin emulator from GitHub and when I put the appx into the bar and try to upload it just says not status information to show 8cb8d96a-05cd-43cc-b8d6-387c858bd906
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  10. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf