Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

Discus and support Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Johnny Treffler, Dec 30, 2023.

1. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

I've just been trying to install Quantum Break from the Xbox pc app with game pass and for some reason it keeps putting an error saying i need to free space even though i have more than enough space on my computer. This only seems to happen with quantum break for some reason. I've tried all the solutions given here

--> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/insufficient-storage-even-though-required-amount/2dfcaca1-b551-40e3-8562-be190b9e53da

but none of them seem to work.
    Please help Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore... :( .

:)

Johnny Treffler, Dec 30, 2023
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore than the required amount

Please, try clearing some space and try again.

When a game/app is being installed, it gets expanded due to files being uncompressed.

This will increase the installation file described on the store download page.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore than the required amount

How much space do you have free? What drive are you trying to install it to?

Quantum break is 42GB game. Even if you've got 50GB it may still not work as downloading can need extra storage as part of the decompression process of a game install.

I would also avoid using up all of your storage on the OS drive as this will not only prevent Windows being updated, it will prevent other games and apps from updating too.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Johnny, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Please, open the Terminal window and type in: sfc /scannow

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Let me know if it works!
  5. KevenLucas Win User

(IMPORTANT) My Call of duty Cold War disk keeps stopping by its self

When I tried to install from the Xbox app it says I have no space for my Xbox even though I have 201 gigabytes of storage
  6. NicolasGreen Win User

I have 50 dollars on my microsoft accounnt on the web but i dont have it on my xbox

it says that i still have insufficient funds even though it shows i have 5o like ****
Thema:

Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore...

1. Xbox App says i have Insufficient storage when installing a game even though i havemore... - Similar Threads - App says Insufficient

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  4. Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox says it's updating in the app but when I check there is no update: I went to open Xbox to figure out why stardew valley wasn't signed in and it says that its updating and it's at 0% however it's been at 0% days and Microsoft store says it doesnt need an update,...
  5. Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show: I’m trying to install the dolphin emulator from GitHub and when I put the appx into the bar and try to upload it just says not status information to show 8cb8d96a-05cd-43cc-b8d6-387c858bd906
  6. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  7. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  10. When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to connect my mobile Xbox app to my Xbox Series x it says” try again in a bit...: How could I fix this? Is this happening to anyone else? e8b85cdc-dd13-4c2f-946c-220b4ee3eedf