XBox app remote control and PIN protected accounts

Discus and support XBox app remote control and PIN protected accounts in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The new Xbox app remote control now prompts for a PIN on the console if a different user is logged in. This didn't happen in the last version. If a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Fathoms_Down, Nov 15, 2020.

1. XBox app remote control and PIN protected accounts

The new Xbox app remote control now prompts for a PIN on the console if a different user is logged in. This didn't happen in the last version.

If a PIN has to be entered, perhaps the app could prompt for it rather than the console as the on screen prompt blocks what is being shown and needs a controller to enter it, which defeats the point of the app remote control.

submitted by /u/Fathoms_Down
    [link] [comments]

/u/Fathoms_Down, Nov 15, 2020
  2. AndersEben Win User

Developer mode not working

I have found a solution that works for me.

Start your Xbox in Dev Mode and remove all Visual Pairings.

Now Start your Visual Studio and try to remote execute your app an now It shoud ask for a new pin to pair.

Type in the Pin. For me it wont execute and by removing all pairings for a second time and pressing on remote execute it will nowdeploy the app to my xbox. This must be reproduce for every new instance of Visual Studio.

Hope It helps you too
  3. AndersEben Win User

Can't deploy app to Xbox

I have found a solution that works for me.

Start your Xbox in Dev Mode and remove all Visual Pairings.

Now Start your Visual Studio and try to remote execute your app an now It shoud ask for a new pin to pair.

Type in the Pin. For me it wont execute and by removing all pairings for a second time and pressing on remote execute it will now deploy the app to my xbox. This must be reproduce for every new instance of Visual Studio.
  4. LunaLight7 Win User

Xbox one is stuck on preparing console screen

The Xbox App on smartphone has a function dedicated to remote control, simulates an xbox controller, of course you have to be connected to your account. Try like this.
  5. ET3D Win User

Why am I asked to give my son's account permission to run Netflix when using my own account?

Unfortunately none of the ideas there is even remotely close to this.

I understand the potential issue, but as I said up front, the Xbox already asks for the PIN when I switch. That, though inconvenient, would cover the case when kids are switching account in order to try to get access to something they shouldn't have access
    to.

The problem isn't there, but that the Xbox then requests to grant permissions to the child account, which is confusing, because that's precisely what I didn't want to do.

The expected behaviour would be for the Xbox to ask for a PIN when running the app or game, and if the account is switched back to the child account while the app is running, to ask for permission.
  6. Cro Gal Win User

XBox Cloud Gaming Local Multiplayer?

Yes, I agree. This is similar like remote play (app is the same). In the old xbox companion app for remote play you can use 4 controllers to remote play but unfortunally we canot use old xbox companion app with xbox series.
Thema:

XBox app remote control and PIN protected accounts

1. XBox app remote control and PIN protected accounts - Similar Threads - app remote control

2. Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone: I cant connect my remote play everything is enabled and im signed in on the app and console but the app just shows my pfp and says “turn on your console and sign in with your account” but it is on...
  3. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  4. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  5. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  6. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  7. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  8. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  9. Xbox app remote control not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app remote control not working: I used to use the xbox app remote control on my phone so that I didn't have to turn on my controller and waste the battery just to start a show. It stopped working with netflix a few months ago...
  10. Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC?: Why XBOX doesn`t have a windows Remote Desktop app to control a Windows 10/11 PC? A logged XBOX user may have the capability to control their windows PC with a mouse and keyboard. Technically...