Xbox App refuses to install game on PC

Discus and support Xbox App refuses to install game on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am on a windows 10 PC attempting to install the game "State of Decay 2". All my efforts have failed. It merely states it is unable to connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JP_chillz, May 11, 2024.

1. JP_chillz
    JP_chillz Guest

Hello,

I am on a windows 10 PC attempting to install the game "State of Decay 2". All my efforts have failed. It merely states it is unable to connect me to the service and returns the error code 0x800704c6.

I was playing this game on both Xbox and PC interchangeably, until a few days ago where the app required the game to update for me to continue. The issue was that this update was the size of the full game, and promptly broke its functionality. I can still access the game on xbox and is a game I fully own.

I attempted firstly to reset my modem, to no avail. Next I reset my network settings and reconnected to my wifi, which also returned nothing. I signed in and out of both the xbox app and the microsoft store, made sure both were paired, turned off my xbox to ensure the pc connection was the only live one, then tried again with the xbox on, to see if that might help, each time returning with nothing. I checked my internet through the speed test and found a healthy 40mbs download, I attempted to update my xbox store and my PC itself, but neither of those did anything. I successfully downloaded something through another app, leading me to attempt to download a different game from the store, which was also successful surprisingly. I only owned this game, Shadow of War, through gamespass if thats of any sort of importance, though i doubt it.

After isolating the issue to just State of Decay 2, and from what I could gather not an account issue, network issue on my end, or licensing issue (i ran out of live and cant play my game or something), it has to be some form of specific xbox service issue. The fact that another game downloaded from the same service must hold some relevance, perhaps something specific to SOD2 is failing?

Pretty confused at this point, I have even tried a few other, more radical solutions too, such as Windows Key + R, "wsreset.exe" and other similar things. These have also been unsuccessful, further fueling my idea that it is not an issue on my end.

Thanks for any assisstance you can give me, really just wanna get back to playing my game lol

:)

JP_chillz, May 11, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: