XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.

Discus and support XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have run into an issue where games through the XBOX App will load extremely slowly. For instance FORZA 5 will open its launch splash screen and take... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by adam lindsay1, Jun 28, 2023.

1. XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all.

I have run into an issue where games through the XBOX App will load extremely slowly.

For instance FORZA 5 will open its launch splash screen and take over 30 seconds to bring up another splash screen. This screen will hang for over 2-3 minutes and the game MIGHT open.

This is a new behavior, previsouly games would load in seconds.

Halo infinite will load a splash launching screen and also take 30-40 seconds before opening a load screen. The game does not load.

Specs on PC:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Installed RAM 128 GB

Graphics: GTX 2090

Games are installed on a secondary SSD.

I have tried:

Reparing Xbox app.

Delete and Reinstall Xbox app.

Delete and Reinstall Multiple Games.

Delete Gaming services through Registry Editor.

Reinstalling Gaming Services through powershell prompt.

I am at a loss as to what to try next.

I am unsure of STEAM is causing this issue. I did find games i have downloaded and have on it load fine.

XBOX app recently lost EA app info and connectivity I had to reinstall EA app.

:)

adam lindsay1, Jun 28, 2023
  2. adam lindsay1 Win User

Janet,

I have performed all 3 actions in the powershell starting it in Admin mode

No corruption were found, and the output is below. MS store did not open at the end before the restart but I did restart. Xbox app games still taking greater than 5 minutest to load.

Ouptut:

Windows PowerShell

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell https://aka.ms/pscore6 PS C:\Windows\system32> sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

PS C:\Windows\system32> DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.19041.844Image Version: 10.0.19045.3086

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

PS C:\Windows\system32> DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.19041.844

Image Version: 10.0.19045.3086

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

PS C:\Windows\system32>

If there are any other actions i can take please let me know. I am against reimaging my machine unless this is the ONLY option left.

Thanks,
    Adam
  3. adam lindsay1 Win User

Janet,

Firstly: thank you for the quick reply.

I have changed all Xbox names items to automatic in services

I have updated my graphics card. There was an update available from 5/30/23.

I then restarted

Still no joy. Games still seem to take an eternity to open.

Any thing else I can try?

Regards

Adam
  4. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

Verify that your graphics card is up to date and that the date, time, time zone and region of the PC are set correctly.

Once that is done, In the Windows search bar type "Services".

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services: XblAuth Manager, XblGameSave, XboxGipSvc, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service, Microsoft Store Install Service, GamingServices, Game Bar, Xbox TCUI and any service with "Xbox" in its name.

Right-click on the service (you must do this for each of them) and select Properties .

In the Startup Type section of the "General" tab, make sure it is set to Automatic. If it is not already started, click Start.

Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

Restart the device and try again.

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  5. Janet_C Win User

Perform this procedure. All of these steps may take some time to complete.

1. Open Windows PowerShell (Administrator).

2. Copy and paste these commands execute them by pressing Enter, you must do this for each one.

- sfc /scannow

- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. In the Windows browser type "wsreset" and run that app.

This will open the Microsoft Store, wait a few seconds and close it.

Restart the PC and try again.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox app installing games very slowly

Hello, ShOrKiwu. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Try these steps please:

Pause all downloads and close the Xbox app.

1. Click on Start > Type PowerShell > Open PowerShell as administrator.

2. Enter this command -> netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

After that, unplug all the cables from your router. Wait a minute and plug them back in.

Then, click Start and click Settings.

Select System.

Select Apps & features.

Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.

Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

If you're using a Proxy or VPN, please disable it:

- Press Windows Key +R. Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings. Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box. Click Ok.

Launch the Xbox app and see if something improves.
Thema:

1. XBOX App PC suddenly launches games VERY slowly if at all. - Similar Threads - App suddenly launches

2. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  3. My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one x suddenly times out while trying to load any app, including settings....: As mentioned, any app or other items, such as settings. just crash out completely. I see older questions similar to this, but I'm not seeing any real resolution. MS support used to be awesome a...
  4. Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed games suddenly not appearing in Xbox App: They will play fine on their own, but are not showing in the xbox app. 1d46ad12-141e-4fa3-a8eb-fa920f05e645
  5. Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suddenly unable to install any games from the Xbox app & Microsoft Store: I've spent so much time on this issue for the past few days. I am unable to install games on my PC via the xbox app & the microsoft store. Microsoft store install button does nothing. I have...
  6. I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly geting a "this app can't open" message when I try to start MSFS 2020: Microsft store does not seem to work correctly. xbox app sometimes will not open, and when it does MSFS does not appear in the app (or in the store). Also if it does open it says it neeed to...
  7. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  8. My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBox PC app suddenly stopped responding after two years and I can't access my Gamepass...: In the last few hours of trying to find solutions I have discovered that the issue is coming from some way that the Gaming Services app interacts with the XBox app. I have tried a great number of...
  9. Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller suddenly turns right on the Xbox menu, ALL Apps and ALL games. The controller...: Hey, been on the platform for as long as I remember. Anyways I have been experiencing an issue i haven't seen before anywhere. My controller's right stick input just sticks right, making it...
  10. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden: About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something...