Xbox app opens and closes

Discus and support Xbox app opens and closes in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Ive been trying to install Sea of thieves which i have owned and have played some years ago but now xbox app doesnt open and if i try installing it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LucasMoriñigo Laguna, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Xbox app opens and closes

Ive been trying to install Sea of thieves which i have owned and have played some years ago but now xbox app doesnt open and if i try installing it through microsoft store it crashes, what do I do?

:)

LucasMoriñigo Laguna, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Georges C. Win User

xbox app opens and closes

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello S4muka10, Have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update, and make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. LucasMoriñigo Lagun Win User

I did as you said reinstalled gaming services and then i went to the sea of thieves tab and it crashed again so no result.

Also sea of theives appears "ready to download" in my library but when i click on it nothing happens.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Lucas! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox app and Sea of Thieves.

Based on your description, there could be an issue with the gaming service. Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

Launch Windows Powershell as administrator. Copy/paste the text below and then press ENTER after each one.

> Uninstall the gaming service

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

> Reinstallation

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

It will launch the app on the Microsoft Store. Please install it and check if you can install your game Sea of Thieves.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. SammyVS Win User

Cannot sign into game pass ultimate on PC error code 0x87DD0005

Close the Xbox app, open or install the Xbox Companion app, log in with your account, then open the Xbox app and see if it resolves the issue
  6. SammyVS Win User

Games not working on the xbox app for pc

Close the Xbox app and open the Xbox Companion app, if you haven't installed it, download it from the Microsoft Store.

Open the app and try to log in with your account on it and then open the Xbox app and see if that resolves the issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox app opens and closes - Similar Threads - app opens closes

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. PC xbox app opens then closes right away

in XBoX on Windows
    PC xbox app opens then closes right away: I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much tried everything i found online except...
  5. how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading: ive tried to open spotify and i see the green logo and it closes it and takes me back to home, ive restarted my xbox 14 times and unplugged it around 8 times and that has not done anything my...
  6. Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app keeps closing as soon as I open it, how do I fix this?: The Xbox app on my PC just closes immediately every time I open it. I don't know what else to say but this is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea what the problem is. I have all of the...
  7. Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.: I have tried restarting pc, repairing app, resetting app, resetting Microsoft Store app using cmd command I found on another form, and I even have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple...
  8. How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the xbox app opening up to a loading screen then closing a minute later (this...: I have tried everything shared on youtube and searched on google like. updating repairing reseting troubleshooting virus scans even uninstalling then reinstalling...
  9. I have a problem, the xbox app closes instantly when I open it, can anyone help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem, the xbox app closes instantly when I open it, can anyone help me?: I have a modified version of windows that is called kernel os 22h2 and i think that kernel is the problem but i dont find a solution i tried installing and uninstalling...
  10. all collectionb does not open - close app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    all collectionb does not open - close app: when i click on all collections jigsaw closes down and i have to restart the app 27937258-c08c-4d9f-81b2-7dc962b8d416