Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

Discus and support Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kieranimo, Nov 30, 2023.

1. kieranimo
    kieranimo Guest

Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party.

After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering over the icon tells me that the Xbox app is still using my microphone.

Since I have left the party, the Xbox app should stop using my microphone.

This has prevented other apps from using my microphone when I want them to, e.g. the Whatsapp app for a voice call.

:)

kieranimo, Nov 30, 2023
  2. kieranimo Win User

Hi,

The first suggestion isn't a solution for this problem. I don't want to prevent the Xbox app from using my microphone completely, I only want it to stop after I've left the party / voice chat. This is more of a bug report than a settings issue.

For anybody else that encounters this problem, I've since found that closing the Xbox Social widget in the Game Bar makes it stop using the microphone. I shouldn't need to do this but at least it's a workaround.
  3. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello kieranimo,

Thank you for your reply!

Just to clarify, are you able to fix the issue by closing the Xbox Social widget in the Game Bar?

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Jesus Pina1 Win User

Hi,

I'm responding to Yanyannnn's resolution it seems for me it has worked. I had the problem like kieranimo thank you for the resolution to the problem.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello kieranimo,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

6. MarkOfYore Win User

While we’re at it, there’s a related problem many of us are having that Party Chat will not work unless Game Bar is open.
Thema:

1. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party - Similar Threads - app Windows continues

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...