Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...

Discus and support Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I recently installed windows 11 and setup the PC with primary account A. When I went to use the xbox app the account had automatically signed in. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A_Deane, Oct 9, 2023.

1. A_Deane
    A_Deane Guest

Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the...

So I recently installed windows 11 and setup the PC with primary account A. When I went to use the xbox app the account had automatically signed in. I went to sign out and sign in to the correct account B but when signing back in to the xbox app it still automatically signed in. Some research led to adding account B under Settings -> Accounts -> Email & accounts This still did not help as the same signout auto sign in occurred.

After further research it's possible to reset the xbox app and doing so will present me with this screen where it shows account A and the option to switch.

But clicking switch only causes a few flashes of white screen and black and then account A is auto signed in. Also I can't remove account A as it's tied to the administrator account and there's no option.

Some version info:

Windows Build: 22H2 -- 22621.1702

Xbox App version: 2309.1001.3.0

Sign in screen mentioned above

Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the... [​IMG]

:)

A_Deane, Oct 9, 2023
  2. AshleyDeane Win User

Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the primary account tied to the PC

Ok I'll give that a go and let you know.

Out of curiosity what does this do that a reset wouldn't? I'd assume a reset should remove all cached data.
  3. AshleyDeane Win User

Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the primary account tied to the PC

Nkosana23,
    That worked, on reinstall it did present me with the same welcome back screen but "switch account" did work on this occasion

Cheers.
  4. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, and I am happy to assist you today.

You can try uninstall the Xbox App > Restart your PC > Install the Xbox App then try to sign in with account B. Hopefully account A will not display anywhere on the app after installation.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

How to switch Xbox account on Windows 11

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

To switch Xbox account on Windows 11, try the following steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Accounts.

Select Email & accounts.

Click on the Microsoft account associated with the Xbox app.

Click on Manage.

Click on Remove.

Re-add the Microsoft account you want to use.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

If the above steps don't work, you can also try clearing the Xbox app's cache by following these steps:

Close the Xbox app.

Go to Windows Settings.

Click on Apps.

Find the Xbox app and click on it.

Click on Advanced options.

Click on Reset.

Launch the Xbox app and sign in with the new account.

These steps should help you switch Xbox accounts on Windows 11.
  6. Fabian (Gwardinen) Win User

Unable to sign-in for new PC Game Pass games (0x80004005)

For anyone having a similar problem, I did manage to fix it but not in a particularly elegant way.

I ended up creating a Windows 11 installation media USB stick, and using that to reinstall Windows 11 Pro while retaining data and settings. This allowed me to sign in as my Microsoft account successfully again in Windows and every app, and allowed the games to sign in as well.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox app on Windows 11 will not allow switching of accounts, automatically signs in to the... - Similar Threads - app Windows allow

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]: If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I haven't tried this yet but this was mentioned by a...