Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

Discus and support Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices, in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonathanPlummer, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to date. I have reset the Microsoft Store and Gamepass App. Starfield in fully updated and I verified all files again. It refuses to start and I continue to get a "Too many devices" error when trying to do so. I have also restarted Windows. Really frustrating which is why I prefer playing games on Steam.

:)

JonathanPlummer, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

Hello JonathanPlummer,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are trying to play Starfield and is unable to because of an error. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

Getting an error "too many devices" while playing on the Xbox app with Starfield may occur if you have exceeded the number of devices that can be signed into your Xbox account at the same time. If you have already removed some devices under your Microsoft account and still getting this error, this might be a bug that we need to report. Let us confirm it though by trying to check again the devices added in your Microsoft account.

1. Sign out of other devices.

• Try signing out of your Xbox account on other devices that you’re not currently using. This will free up a slot for the device you’re trying to use.
    2. Remove unused devices from your account.

• You can remove unused devices from your Xbox account by going to https://account.microsoft.com/devices
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account and select Show details under the device that you want to remove.
    • Then select Manage > Remove to remove the device from your account.
    You can sign in to your Microsoft account on up to 10 devices at the same time when using the Xbox app. This includes Xbox consoles, Windows 10 PCs, and mobile devices running the Xbox app. If you exceed this limit, you may encounter the “too many devices” error and will need to sign out of one of your devices before you can sign in on another one.

If after performing the steps and the error still occur, let us know so we can submit a bug to the dedicated platform so that this can be investigated by our engineers.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. JonathanPlummer Win User

I was able to get this resolved after 90 minutes of rebooting, resetting the MS Store and Xbox app...etc. When I posted this I had 7 devices so it should not have been an issue at all.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JonathanPlummer,

Thank you for letting us know that everything has been resolved after performing some troubleshooting steps in your end. You are indeed a tech savvy and best partner in troubleshooting.

If you have other concern related to Xbox product and services, feel free to create a new topic to discuss and we are more than happy to help.

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Sincerely,

5. CarTzy Win User

Starfield only 0x80004005

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are unable to launch Starfield and you are getting the error 0x80004005. This error usually means that there is a problem with the game installation or the system update. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date and has the latest updates installed. - Run the Windows troubleshooter for apps and games. You can find it in Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps.

- Check if there are any updates available for Starfield in the Microsoft Store app. If there are, download and install them.

- If the problem persists, you may need to reinstall Starfield. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, find Starfield, and click on Uninstall. Then, go to the Microsoft Store app, find Starfield, and click on Install.

Please see unable to launch game troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue and enjoy Starfield. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

games for windows app

You won't find them on the app. You would need to download the Games for Windows app again, and launch the game from there. Good luck getting the app to work, as many users are stating they can't get it to work on Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Thema:

1. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices, - Similar Threads - App Windows Starfield

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox App on windows 10 is stuck on the loading screen.: I have tried so many different things to try and get the xbox app to get past the loading screen and I have not been able to. Everytime I launch the app I get to the loading screen that says...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  9. How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get Xbox Windows app to run games (Starfield) when logged into a different Windows...: I installed Starfiled gamepass edition on my Windows 10 PC. No issues, it runs well. When I log into the same PC using my work account, the Xbox app does see Starfield or other games that are...
  10. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...