Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off

Discus and support Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off. Sound is restored when I turn the TV on. I was hoping to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vsiem, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Vsiem
    Vsiem Guest

Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off

Xbox App on Windows 10 loses streaming sound when TV connected to Xbox One turns off. Sound is restored when I turn the TV on. I was hoping to play my Xbox One game in another room from the TV. Everyone is sleeping in the house and this way I can hide
    with my laptop while still playing Halo.

I rebooted the Xbox One and started re-started streaming and still no sound. I can confirm that when I have the TV on the sound on the Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC is restored. Therefore I am concluding that in order to hear sound on the Xbox App, I have
    to turn on whatever my Xbox One is connected to that provides audio. In my case, that is a TV. This could have been an audio receiver.

Is there a way around this or a fix for this? Am I the only one experiencing this?

:)

Vsiem, Sep 26, 2015
  2. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest
    Can't stream games to Xbox app when connected television turned off

Hello AbsolutPauer!

This type of issue would depend also on the TV that is being used and the way it is configured. Please take a look at the steps here:

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

It sounds like when the TV is being turned off it sends a signal to the console letting it know that there is no display available so you lose connection on your PC. Xbox One consoles normally do not boot all the way up unless they are connected to a compatible
    display. You may want to contact the manufacturer of the TV to see if there is any setting available to disable its communication with connected devices.

Please let me know if this helps and thank you for reaching out!

XBF George L, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Otakuon
    Otakuon Guest
    Remotely turn on XBOX One from Windows 10 but NOT the TV?

Hi All,

Is there some setting I am missing in the Windows 10 XBOX App that allows you to turn your XBOX One on remotely but NOT the TV (and AV Receiver)? If so, I am not finding it. I am hating the fact that every time I turn on the XBOX from the XBOX App on Windows
    10 I have to run all the way downstairs to turn off the TV and AV Receiver because the XBOX One is still telling them to turn on even though they don't need to. It seems like a pretty simple thing that Microsoft would have just included in their coding of
    the XBOX that if you turn it on remotely, it doesn't send the commands to the Kinect to also turn on the TV and other devices. Super annoying...

Also, anyway to stream the sound via Dolby Digital or some other surround sound format? Seems like right now the sound is streamed in Stereo only.

Thanks!

Otakuon, Sep 26, 2015
  4. Xenvette
    Xenvette Guest

Xenvette, Nov 6, 2015
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: