xbox app on windows 10 crashes when i move the mouse over a video thumbnail

Discus and support xbox app on windows 10 crashes when i move the mouse over a video thumbnail in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all. This is a new build. Win 64 pro. The games work once installed. YouTube and video playback work. When I am in the xbox app and I run the mouse... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by stonerrrr, Dec 8, 2020.

1. stonerrrr
    stonerrrr Guest

Hi all.

This is a new build. Win 64 pro. The games work once installed. YouTube and video playback work. When I am in the xbox app and I run the mouse over a thumbnail that initiates a trailer or video demo for the game, the app crashes. If I avoid the areas of
    the screen containing video frames, I can stay in the app, when it crashes it reduces to the task bar. I can install games by selecting them from the search menu, I can play them too.

It's a GTX 1650 graphics card, I've updated the driver, and the issue is still present. I updated the driver on my MSI z490 pro motherboard and the issue is still present.

Specification, I5 10600K, 64GB Ram, 1TB M2 Drive running win 10 pro 64 N. All working very well, using logistic mouse software and razor keyboard software. I've killed both of these and the issue is still present.

Thank you all for you time and help

:)

stonerrrr, Dec 8, 2020
  2. beeswax
    beeswax New Member
    I just came across the same issue on a fresh Win10 install. You can stop the crashing by changing an option in the Xbox App. Click your avatar icon in the top right of the Xbox App and go to [Settings] -> [General] and uncheck the "Show Video Preview on Hover" box.

Why we need to do this on a fresh install of Win10, I have no idea. I'm on Win10 20H2 and fully up to date on my patches at time of writing.

beeswax, Jan 15, 2021
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: