Xbox app on PC won't install games, keeps asking to install Gaming Services over and over....

Discus and support Xbox app on PC won't install games, keeps asking to install Gaming Services over and over.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A couple days ago, the games I had installed from Game Pass and my own purchases suddenly disappeared from the Xbox app after I tried to update Halo... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by icomp187, Feb 12, 2023.

1. icomp187
    icomp187 Guest

Xbox app on PC won't install games, keeps asking to install Gaming Services over and over....

A couple days ago, the games I had installed from Game Pass and my own purchases suddenly disappeared from the Xbox app after I tried to update Halo Infinite. Now, when I try to install any game through the Xbox app, it prompts me to install Gaming Services. I click through, and it says it's installing, but it's already installed, and the problem persists. I am unable to install games through the Microsoft Store either. It just grays out the install button and stays that way.

I've tried:

-Restarting computer.

-Signing out of Xbox app and back in again.

-Repairing/resetting Xbox app and Gaming Services.

-Updating Windows and all apps, including Xbox and Gaming Services.

-Deleting and reinstalling both the Xbox app and Gaming Services.

-Deleting the registry keys for Gaming Services and updating the app.

-Terminating and restarting Xbox app and Gaming Services.

-Resetting the Microsoft Store.

-Restoring/repairing my Windows image.

-Manually uninstalling all of the games that Xbox app does not recognize anymore, then retrying the previous steps.

-Upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 AND retrying all of the aforementioned steps.

-Updating all my hardware drivers.

-Drinking heavily to cope with my trauma.

This is ridiculous, and I'm still paying for Game Pass Ultimate but I can't play these games or what I've already purchased. And, no, I don't wish to reinstall Windows. That is unacceptable. I can't simply reinstall my OS every time this happens. If that is the only solution, then I'm better off just cancelling Game Pass. I'm open to anything else.

Is there something I haven't thought of yet? From what I can tell, it seems like the Xbox app just doesn't realize that Gaming Services is up and running. I can see it running in the Task Manager. But I don't know which app is having the problem. Thanks in advance.

:)

icomp187, Feb 12, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: